Porportioning valve questions?? Need HELP!

-

Oklacarcollecto

Life is an experiment
Reaction score
I am going to put sbp Kelsey Hayes brakes on the car.

I have an original KH porporting valve that hasn't been used in 20 years and has been on the system until a month ago.

I have a porporting valve that is still on a 1975 Swinger that has lbp brakes on it.

Is there a way to clean up the original valve?
Could I use the Swinger valve?
Would I be better off with an aftermarket valve.

My goal is to put the car back to what it originally could have came with but with brakes I will do what ever is best.

You can disassemble the brass prop valve and try to clean out the passageways and install new O-rings (make sure to use O-rings made of a proper material like Viton or Buna-N or Neoprene, not just generic "rubber" off the shelf. Any O-ring you could possibly need can be had from Small Parts Inc. Is your '75 the iron type or the brass type? See also this thread.

You can disassemble the brass prop valve and try to clean out the passageways and install new O-rings (make sure to use O-rings made of a proper material like Viton or Buna-N or Neoprene, not just generic "rubber" off the shelf. Any O-ring you could possibly need can be had from Small Parts Inc. Is your '75 the iron type or the brass type? See also this thread.

Mine is the brass type. It is actually off a 1970 Duster and I am going to put it on my 1968 Barracuda.

-
Back