Pos/Neg Battery Cables

-

matthon

Reaction score
I want to buy a new set of cables for my BB Barracuda. The problem is the prices are ridiculous.

I've looked at many different cables for many different body types, years, small blocks/big blocks, etc. - What is the difference exactly?

I can't see spending $180 for a positive cable for my car, when a 73' small block cable is 1/3 the price- and they appear to be the exact same thing!

Check out Jacksautoparts, he used to have a decent reproduction for a fair price. The key differences are the battery ends and the wrapping on the positive cable. The negative cable is a single cable for the early models and adds a small ground on the later models.

What is it you need, exactly? A functional cable that looks acceptable and works and lasts an acceptably long time? Or a correct-in-every-detail cable just like the original equipment installed by Chrysler on the assembly line?

Because you can get cables way better than original equipment, that look fine and work well, on the general parts supply market for a whole lot less money than the restoration parts houses charge.

Probably the first, but a cable from NAPA would require another wire from the starter to the relay.
$12.29 for the NAPA one, $79.95 for the Jacks version- both better than the $140 to $190 I have seen so far.
Problem solved, thank you FABO.

went thru the same thing myself. then bought an e body reproduction but the wire gauge was puny. funny thing is it was correct but i didnt use it I made my own.

You can go to the Tractor Supply Co. and buy 1 Gauge welding wire to use for battery cables and make your own for alot cheaper..

-
Back