posi carrier

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I bought this from highflyer and he is a dream to deal with.

The subject at hand ( photo on top of page ) which is an empty Dana-Spicer 741 clutch type sure grip case which by the way, this case can handle 500hp without strain and came with Max Wedge super stockers, AFX altered wheelbase cars and 426 street hemi's with automatic transmissions. Luckily both cone and clutch type sure grips share common side bearings and ring gear bolt patterns and can be used on any 741, 742, 489 carrier to take the place of an existing spool or open carrier. If you would like to purchase this case, I'll need what I spent, a hundred bucks plus shipping, cost me seventy-five plus twenty-five shipping. You do the math as long as I receive what I paid...

I myself have no need for it at the moment as I am going to an independent rear in my daily driver.

Actually, the i.d. of the side bearings are not the same on a cone type vs. a clutch type unit but as long as you have the correct bearings for the sure grip unit it will bolt into any 8-3/4 3rd member.

I have seen some complaining lately on here and got to say a PM about "maybe I want it or tell me more" is different then "I want it here's the money." I'm sure FABO guys are better but I can't tell you how impossible it is with craigslist buyers in my town. First one with cash in hand gets it. You hold something for somebody while you get 6 other calls just for the guy to show up and offer you 1/2 your asking price. Sorry, just a personal rant, nothing against anyone in this thread, and I suppose I'd be pissed if I drove an hour to find it sold on the other hand.

I could not agree more.
I strongly object to the online "dibs" system.
Numerous times in the past (on various web based hobbyist message forums) I've had to put off cash in hand offers from serious buyers until I got a confirmation from the first three members who were "inline" because they said "if I can find out it's truly the diamond in the rough I'm looking for, I'll certainly take it." It has also lost me a few sales in the process, and I can't honestly think of a time where it has ever really made me a sale. Seems to me all it does is give someone who currently has no money but wishes they had that tool, part, car, or whatever a day, two, or sometimes even three to attempt to raise the funds.
When I sell something, the first person to pay for it gets the item, which is how I buy as well.

Yes, I bought this from highflyer and he is a dream to deal with.

The subject at hand ( photo on top of page ) which is an empty Dana-Spicer 741 clutch type sure grip case which by the way, this case can handle 500hp without strain and came with Max Wedge super stockers, AFX altered wheelbase cars and 426 street hemi's with automatic transmissions. Luckily both cone and clutch type sure grips share common side bearings and ring gear bolt patterns and can be used on any 741, 742, 489 carrier to take the place of an existing spool or open carrier. If you would like to purchase this case, I'll need what I spent, a hundred bucks plus shipping, cost me seventy-five plus twenty-five shipping. You do the math as long as I receive what I paid...

I myself have no need for it at the moment as I am going to an independent rear in my daily driver.

Wow there is so many wrong facts here. 1- it is a Borg Warner Spin Resistant (# 2881343), not clutch 2- Max wedge cars, AFX cars of the 60's would have had the clutch type if it came with a 8 3/4 3-The cone and clutch type use different bearings. Clutch type used 25520/25590 cup/cone and the later cone type uses LM104949/LM104912 cup cone. Not to start a argument, just don't want someone to buy it misrepresented.

I guess I'm not following you. Which one are you talking about?

The one I posted and asked if it was a match? I have a link to the one I posted but I can't get to it on this pos laptop I am using. My charger went up in flames on my Toshiba and I am waiting for a new one to arrive.

I guess I'm not following you. Which one are you talking about?

I two may have jumped the gun in my post . It may not even be a mopar carrier?

I managed to get to the link. I have always used the word IF because I am not positive. My buddy that sent me the link is positive but haven't we all been wrong at one time or another? He wasn't the seller of this one on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330875544107?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

The one I posted and asked if it was a match? I have a link to the one I posted but I can't get to it on this pos laptop I am using. My charger went up in flames on my Toshiba and I am waiting for a new one to arrive.

Sorry, I overlooked your post with the picture.:eek:ops:

It's hard to tell with just 1 picture but I think it's a Borg like Roy said.

Its the exact same one I have in one of my 8.75 carriers and since I had them both on my work bench yesterday, I could assure you its a Mopar. On the other hand I'm not looking to argue or to play games as I am getting way to old for that crap, yet if it were a GM, that would have suited me just fine as well. All differential parts are worth something in this man's world. Just yesterday I purchased an A-Body 8.75 complete rear SBP with a 489 case complete to brakes for 350 bucks which I will convert to disc brakes and moser axles than stick it in my 64 Signet so it will have no down time as I love driving my car. I will than convert that 8.75 the same way using chevy bolt pattern axles and use it in my 90 chevy p/u with wider wheels behind its LT1 and T56. I find a use for everything :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back