Posi Clunking When I Make Sharp Turns

-
What if it makes the same sound during a left handed counterclockwise figure eight as a right handed clockwise figure eight? Still go with the Ford type emulsifier?

I just remembered -- Just prior to taking the car out of the garage, I had it up on jack stands, to replace the speedometer gear, and I started it, and put it in gear to check to see if the speedometer worked, wo no jerks etc. Obviously, during this, it was free wheeling up to a reading of aprox 50 MPH, on the speedometer. -- After I took it out onto the road, this is the first time that it clunked, when turning sharply. -- Prior to this, I had ran the car for several miles, over a couple months, with no clunking. -- Could this have caused the clutches to rearrange, or ???

I just remembered -- Just prior to taking the car out of the garage, I had it up on jack stands, to replace the speedometer gear, and I started it, and put it in gear to check to see if the speedometer worked, wo no jerks etc. Obviously, during this, it was free wheeling up to a reading of aprox 50 MPH, on the speedometer. -- After I took it out onto the road, this is the first time that it clunked, when turning sharply. -- Prior to this, I had ran the car for several miles, over a couple months, with no clunking. -- Could this have caused the clutches to rearrange, or ???

How many answers do you want? You want some bad ones? Ok.

Last edited by a moderator:
I put more TransX (Planned on Ford if this didn't work) additive in, the rear, and did several figure 8s - clunking is gone. -- Thanks to All, for Your input.

If you take a turn under power, you may get some noise again, up to and including a little tire chirp if the unit is good and tight. A clunk or a little tire chirp in this situation is fine. That means it's working.

-
Back