Possible Water Pump Trouble

-

345man

mopar member
Reaction score
is anyone outthere using the mopar performance 8 blade water pump, car cools good until you get on it hard and then have a long hill to pull up. wondering if the 8 blade pump is pushing the water to quick and if the 6 blade would maybe fix the problem? anyone had this trouble or used the 8 blade pumps?

got a northern dual fan setup with shroud built to fit the rad. intial is 12-14 total about 36

is anyone outthere using the mopar performance 8 blade water pump, car cools good until you get on it hard and then have a long hill to pull up. wondering if the 8 blade pump is pushing the water to quick and if the 6 blade would maybe fix the problem? anyone had this trouble or used the 8 blade pumps?

I guess it's possible but remember your thermostat also serves the purpose as a flow orifice. You are running a thermostat right. Also make sure that your lower rad hose has the coil inside it to prevent it from collapsing at high RPM and restricting flow to the pump.

Terry

hadn't thought of the lower rad hose i'll check that next time, has any one else had this prob?

oh yeah wonder what if I turned the timing timing down for street cruising?

High volume waterpumps can suck the thermostat closed, are you using a high volume specific thermostat?

Sounds like an air flow problem at speed. Those electric fan/shroud setups can and do restrict air flow when driving at faster speeds.

Chuck

well the funny thing is it has always done this even without a shroud and with an electric fan? it has a set of march pulleys on it to. anyone got any more suggestions, maybe we can figure something out , still thinking about trying a 6 blade pump.

its a mr gasket high flow stat what kind do you run now and what had happened to your other one?

-
Back