**Post pics of your Firewall "Cleaned up and things deleted"**

-

Mad Dart

Nothing to see Here!
Reaction score
Trying to get some Ideas for my 67 Dart. In the middle of the cage. The Dash bar is making me delete the Wiper motor and assembly along with the Heater Box & Ducting. I am rewiring the car so the Bulk Head will go away also.

Post some pictures of what you have done to your Firewall!!

Here is mine now......

View attachment phpjcAnWOPM.jpg

View attachment phpTSRUMbPM.jpg

enginebay056.jpg

Oh you said deleted... nevermind. LOL

IMO, don't make plates to block stuff off, just weld the stuff up and make it smoother. I can't stand the plate cover up stuff.

enginebay056.jpg

Oh you said deleted... nevermind. LOL

IMO, don't make plates to block stuff off, just weld the stuff up and make it smoother. I can't stand the plate cover up stuff.

Damn is that your Orange car?

I hear you on that. My chevy buddies came over today and helped me tear the windshield all the crap and the dash. They was trying to talk me into smoothing the whole firewall, cutting out the bumps etc. I myself don't like that either.

Yes, that's the Orange car. Engine compartment will look better than the outside. :)

I wouldn't go as far as smoothing the whole thing. Just cover the holes that you remove with some plates welded in like what 7172 did which looks like a real clean job. That to me looks better.

71 scamp

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 285
  • 012.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 307
  • 002.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 310
  • 004.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 289
  • 003.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 317
My wiper motor is still there.....will look for the picture.....most of the unused holes were welded shut....evertime I see the picture in Crackedbacks posts I just have to stare.....kind of like those damn cats...

Attachments

• 26.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 274
My wiper motor is still there.....will look for the picture.....most of the unused holes were welded shut....evertime I see the picture in Crackedbacks posts I just have to stare.....kind of like those damn cats...

Hey Doug, do you happen to have a picture of the dash in the car showing the bars going thru the dash??

If I can leave the wipers I will for sure. We were talking about using a 1 1/4 " Tube across the dash which is fine with a stock firewall. I guess you don't even need one with the stock firewall in the car for an 8.5 cert on a cage.

Yes, that's the Orange car. Engine compartment will look better than the outside. :)

I wouldn't go as far as smoothing the whole thing. Just cover the holes that you remove with some plates welded in like what 7172 did which looks like a real clean job. That to me looks better.

agree.......... :thumbup:

Hey Doug, do you happen to have a picture of the dash in the car showing the bars going thru the dash??

If I can leave the wipers I will for sure. We were talking about using a 1 1/4 " Tube across the dash which is fine with a stock firewall. I guess you don't even need one with the stock firewall in the car for an 8.5 cert on a cage.
The front tubes on mine are very close to the a-pillars and the edge of the dash was notched to fit. The dash pad has been redone since the pictures. It was explained to me, at least in off road trucks, that the dash bar is there to keep the cowl from caving in should you end up on the lid......

Attachments

• 000_0095.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 261
  • 000_0096.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 248
  • 000_0097.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 261
  • 000_0098.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 269
The front tubes on mine are very close to the a-pillars and the edge of the dash was notched to fit. The dash pad has been redone since the pictures. It was explained to me, at least in off road trucks, that the dash bar is there to keep the cowl from caving in should you end up on the lid......

Thanks!

I was just told by my buddy's that are helping bend the cage that IF you have a bend in the bar that goes thru the dash you will need to have a gusset in it to be certified. Does yours have a gusset under the dash to the bar that goes thru the Dash Board/Pad?

-
Back