POST YOUR 273 pictures and mods youve done

-

65WaxUcuda

Barracuda Freak
Reaction score
:worthles:

EVERYBODY post some 273 engine pics and mods youve done!!!!

Picture 016 engine redone.jpg

OK you aksed. This is the 66 Dart I used to owns years ago. It was an original 273 4-speed car. It had the 235 HP 273 in it.. I modified it by dropping a 340 in it and then started braclet racing it in 1978. It had a .510 solid cam with ported iron heads. 4.56 gears and a Holley SD intake with a 700 DP carb. On 9" slicks it ran a best of 11.94 @ 113. Ron

22719863.jpg

Here is another shot at the track. I really liked this car but ended up having a ball joint break and I rolled it 6 times in the traps. Got a helocopter ride to shock trauma in Md and it was not a day I really care to remember. That was April 10 , 1982. Ron

22719851.jpg

Thats one tough Dart im sure it was mean , im sorry to hear about the last thing, ive rolled a couple of em and i know what you mean but not like your accident. :wav: Well keep em coming guys!

Ive got some more pics to put up about the engine pics so ill be bak on it later on if any1 is interested!!

It belongs in your OTHER thread, sorry. I'm glad you started these 2 threads, way to go!

Still have not made the trip to Ca to pick it up but here it is

273.jpg

info on it "has 340 J heads 202 valves ported and polished and milled to keep the compression up. It should pump about 300 HP and has 500 miles on it."

You havent picked it up .... its nice im trying to get a cam to put in my 273 at the moment ..

The engine is long gone, but here's a pic of the 273 in my '64 Barracuda.

I might still have the intake manifold laying around if anybody's interested. It's an Offenhauser 360 Equaflow, single plane, for early 273 heads.

The 273, in all its glory..jpg

[QUOTE='64 Cuda]The engine is long gone, but here's a pic of the 273 in my '64 Barracuda.

I might still have the intake manifold laying around if anybody's interested. It's an Offenhauser 360 Equaflow, single plane, for early 273 heads.[/QUOTE]

Would that work on a '66 273?

I don't rememeber for sure. It's been a loooooooooooong time since I had anything to do with that engine. The bolts that hold the intake to the heads are at a different angle than on all of the later engines. I think the manifold is only for 1964 & 1965 engines, but I'll try to do a little research to be sure. Maybe somebody else here knows. I know the engine was a screamer when I had it running.

Went back & found my Direct Connection Racing Manuals book from 1978. It says the early heads were used only on '64 & '65 engines. If yours is an early '66 there might be a chance it would work. The early heads have casting #2465315. Hope this helps.

1969cudaman said:
My stock 273 commando

1969 Cudaman...Very nice.. :thumblef:

My 273... Daily driver plain Jane: rebuilt 30 over, Performer intake, Holley 600 CFM, K&N Filter, Electronic Ign, Headers,
Someone has to take care of these babies........

pic3.JPG

wild1_Robertson said:
Still have not made the trip to Ca to pick it up but here it is

273.jpg

info on it "has 340 J heads 202 valves ported and polished and milled to keep the compression up. It should pump about 300 HP and has 500 miles on it."

Dude........I see you have my block ready for me :joker: :thumblef:

Sorry about the large size & poor quality... learning how to attach photos. I'll try again with a smaller size & higher quality.

Hopefully this will be a better pic. Maybe I'm not smart enough to post a photo?

The second shot is after I'd just installed a Willwood front disc brake conversion with 15" wheels on the front & 14s on the rear. Need to get a 8-3/4 rear to install the 15s on the rear.

Finished LSsmall.jpg

65ChargerDartsmall.jpg

-
Back