Post your unexpected a-body encounters

-

goldfish65

Reaction score
Late '80's from a passenger ferry leaving Cancun I was looking at all the taxis lined up, non-descript foreign econo-boxes all painted red, except for one '65 Valiant, and thought, I hope it's there when we return so we can take it back into town. Well sure enough it was, the ride was notably smooth and solid over the pot-holed roads, and nice to experience the little Valiant still working so well.

Share yours if you have them...

Weeeeell, it was mid-summer 1985 or so, about 2am., a few of us hanging out in a local parking lot *ahem* - goofing off. Up over the main drag comes a big ol' commotion -- this guy and his girl having a screaming match inside their car!!! Well - he stops the car at the nearby bus stop and kicks her out... ..and she goes to hitchhiking. Me being me, I decide to go "save" her -- you know, console the poor lass.. show her that not all guys are such a-holes. The rest of the story.. - is X-rated - it was an unexpected encounter.. I was just about to go home when they stopped at that bus stop. Oh - the Abody part of all this??? I was driving my first Dart, a 74 Swinger.. that was a fun car. :rolleyes:

Weeeeell, it was mid-summer 1985 or so, about 2am., a few of us hanging out in a local parking lot *ahem* - goofing off. Up over the main drag comes a big ol' commotion -- this guy and his girl having a screaming match inside their car!!! Well - he stops the car at the nearby bus stop and kicks her out... ..and she goes to hitchhiking. Me being me, I decide to go "save" her -- you know, console the poor lass.. show her that not all guys are such a-holes. The rest of the story.. - is X-rated - it was an unexpected encounter.. I was just about to go home when they stopped at that bus stop. Oh - the Abody part of all this??? I was driving my first Dart, a 74 Swinger.. that was a fun car. :rolleyes:
and here i thought that when you encountered "A body" we were talking about the girl

here is my story (i will try to tell it the way my 7 year old tells it, it is priceless that he hasnt caught on yet)

we were driving around, 3 hours from home with no purpose in mind
my dad pulled into this guys drive way (who knows why) and when he got out i noticed this 71 duster sitting there
so i said, dad! look! its a 71 duster!
and my dad didnt even see it.

then he went in
talked to the guy
and we bought it for my dads birthday

(you who are adults, fill in the gaps and you'll figure it out)

I'd say summer early 80's. I was vacationing in my hometown in western N.Y. state. We had driven to a larger town nearby for dinner. We were going down the main drag when I heard this obnoxious whine coming up on us from behind. I cranked my head around to see a 69 Dart with a big blower coming up. My mouth was open wide as this thing passed us, rattling our windows. Remember it like it was yesterday.

I was 16 and looking to get my 1st car and hung out at Dad's shop after school. Mr. Tarbutton (I still remember his name) stopped by the shop with a poorly running 74 more door 318 Dart. Dad told him it needed a good tune up, carb rebuild, intake would have to come off to carve out the carbon build up in the heat/exhaust crossover from 19 years of short local running and he needed front tires. The old guy thanked him and said he'd think about it. Dad told him do not plan any trips in it cuz it won't make it much longer. 3 days later it showed up at the shop on a tow truck. The driver said the owner said to "bring it to Bob". 2 hours later. Mr. Tarbutton drove up in a new K car, got out, thanked Dad for being honest and handed him the Dart's title and said have a nice day.

I bought the parts and did what the car needed and poof - my 1st car.

I just went back and fixed my typos.....lol

Last edited:
-
Back