Post Your Vintage Drag Racing Pics!!

-
OefEtWM.jpg

xeDRgAY.jpg

@71GSSDemon In your first post, is that a picture of the Demon in the garage? And is that the same Demon in your avatar? Any other pictures or descriptions of it so we can keep an eye on out for it? Decals, paint scheme or color would help. I'll watch for it.

Thanks!! Yes it is dad with the car changing tires. I only have a couple. Ideally I want something from when he had the tunnel ram on it. He had like 5" tall velocity stacks and a homemade sheet metal scoop on it. Should stand out like a sore thumb. I have no pics from then though. He had black steel wheels with 9" M&H slicks at the track

20220605_161320.jpg

20220605_161305.jpg

20220605_161242.jpg

Thanks!! Yes it is dad with the car changing tires. I only have a couple. Ideally I want something from when he had the tunnel ram on it. He had like 5" tall velocity stacks and a homemade sheet metal scoop on it. Should stand out like a sore thumb. I have no pics from then though. He had black steel wheels with 9" M&H slicks at the track

View attachment 1716006754

View attachment 1716006755

View attachment 1716006756
Minnesota Dragways closed in '76 I believe and the Demon is a '71? That gives you about a five year time frame for finding pictures. Probably a lot less if it wasn't raced when it was new.

Minnesota Dragways closed in '76 I believe and the Demon is a '71? That gives you about a five year time frame for finding pictures. Probably a lot less if it wasn't raced when it was new.
Yes, he raced there and Amber Green 73-78/79 ish. He did attend one of the big KDWV ??? Radio events. They announced a Demon with a 440, everyone came to look, then walked off as it wasn't pretty!

Yes, he raced there and Amber Green 73-78/79 ish. He did attend one of the big KDWV ??? Radio events. They announced a Demon with a 440, everyone came to look, then walked off as it wasn't pretty!
That would be KDWB and that radio station is still here. I went to some of those events that they sponsored. I would have been one of those taking a look for sure. A 440 in an A body was about as mean as you could get back then. You could stand behind the cars while they were doing burnouts. I remember getting a lot of little black bits of rubber and crud on my white t shirts that I always wore. Lol. I probably saw your dad run at some time or other.

That would be KDWB and that radio station is still here. I went to some of those events that they sponsored. I would have been one of those taking a look for sure. A 440 in an A body was about as mean as you could get back then. You could stand behind the cars while they were doing burnouts. I remember getting a lot of little black bits of rubber and crud on my white t shirts that I always wore. Lol. I probably saw your dad run at some time or other.
That's really cool. It would be unbelievable if there were pics!!

On the way to one of the Uncle's homes in San Gabriel Valley we pass

1667869762285.png

on Old US 66 :D
From the back seat of the '57 Ranch Wagon I see
1667869938260.png

make a pass.
My parents get the idea that their lives may get complicated in about 6 more years :rofl:

EC18FC92-F05E-495D-B559-A8D027C2EB8C.jpeg

My Fathers FunnyCar’s first pass. Sacramento Ca. 1967 Within 2 months it was lettered and making the rounds across the country.

-
Back