******Posting! Don't change the core of A-bodies.

-

memikeswife

Reaction score
Some people post, without any thought or regards to what the out come is. For those who have been on this site for awhile know I don't post a lot. This is a place for memike to come without having his wife over his back. But sometimes it's necessary for me comment.

With every post, memike post with his heart and soul into helping, inspiring or building others up. He doesn't ever intentionally hurt others. It seem there has been things being posted that has upset him enough to not want to be here. Which is not right. This place have been his life support for many years and I can't allow just a few folks take this away.

If someone is trying to help others, why do you question?, why do you comment if all you have to say is negativity? Are you that selfish? If your intentions is to criticize or insult someone then this is not the place for you. A-bodies foundation is not about this and the only way to keep the foundation strong is for others to stand up to the bully's, the de-motivators and trouble makers.

I know of good people who have left for the above reasons. My whole life I have seen and noticed that Mopar folks where a special breed of considerate, caring people, don't let that image change.

I didn't see enough for me to leave over, but I do have to admit that reading more in a certain thread just now, the thought crossed my mind momentarily: "there sure are some yahoos here, not sure why I am wasting my time here", but then I remembered that there are a lot of great guys (like memike, and ladies!) here too, so a focus on that makes it worth it. What I'm saying is I hope he comes back!

This is a large community and there will always be someone that rubs you/us the wrong way just like in life.

Best just to ignore them and move on. Mike is a good guy an I have never seen him say anything out of line. I would suggest if someone directly said something to Mike, just put them on the ignore list.

Who would ever say a negative to or about Memike?? He has done nothing but help, and inspire 1000's of members here!! He shares from the heart and always takes the high road!! Please Mrs. Memike give him a giant Nella sized hug from us and let him know he will be missed by everyone here, especially a certain not so little girl and her family!! Geof

Hopefully he will come back after a little cool off time. :silent:

I hate to hear someone say anything bad about memike.... :finga:

Not sure what was said , but if it was me , my humblest apologies to him . I don't usually criticize anyone trying to help , or even vent on here , but I might have unintentionally , not thinking . If so , I'm truly sorry . I left here for almost a year once , and didn't want to come back . But I did reluctantly , and stayed because the person I had problems with moved on .

Point well taken Treva. This site has always operated on a higher standard of good will towards each other, let's keep it that way.

I hope my friend Mike can just ignore the actions of a small minority of otherwise positive members.

When Mike posts here on the site he really does it from his heart, he has made us laugh and cry, he has helped many people here in countless ways and also been an insperation for us all. Makes me sad to know he feels so down, Mike would never make anybody sad, what ever was said or he read must have struck a nerve with him. Please tell Mike that if he needs a break to collect his thoughts then go ahead, but please don't leave cause FABO wouldn't be the same without you Mike.

PM sent to you Treva

You and mike are a blessing to have here. Mike has blessed my family and i with thoughts, prayers, and help over the course of time that I've been here and proud to call him friend. Hope all works out for the best. I'll keep him in my thoughts and prayers

well im not sure what upset Mr. Memike but he has been here a lot longer than I have, so if Mr. Memike says this place is messed up then it is.

when I first came to the site I didn't know Mr. Memike or what had happened with his car situation and all of the story. As I read on and refer to his old threads and see how he got Victoria and what happened here I am still totally amazed.

I can relate to Mr.Mike being upset about negative comments and some member are really relentless about it......its ok to have an opposing opinion but when its negative in almost every thread or almost everytime you post something.....come on......recently I had a thread asking about NASCAR and I didn't do it because I wanted to start a fight thread, I did it because I wanted more info on the topic and who better to ask than the FABO family but many decided to turn it into a bar brawl. and of course like usual ...."its always someone elses fault"

unlike some members, I live in a rural area and there is nobody to talk car with around here so FABO is an outlet.....Sure I have my parents and they are the best adoptive parents anyone can ask for beyond words .....but they don't want to talk car with me all the time, they have their own lives and don't live this stuff like I do, so I turn to FABO to talk about bolts and oil....and 440s ...all stuff my family is finding boring .....and as many know ....I can go on chatting about it on and on and on.

I believe Mr. Memike is very much the same way....I have really come to love Mr. Memike for what he is. he is a true car guy and keeps the hobby real.....a man after my own heart the way he named his car and babies it like a child .....I do the same thing and it feels awesome to be passionate about a such a great hobby.....

I think the site is injured as a whole now that a very special member like Mr. Mike has an issue. He is by the way the only Platinum member here, waggin said so.

I truly hope it was not anything I said ....if it was then I will deal with it.

but for me, I don't want to be on a FABO with no Mr. Memike ....so come back Mr. Memike.

Thanks everyone for your supporting comments. I don't think it was just one thing, but something that has been going on for awhile and not just against him. Mainly how others are treated and comments made for no reason except to be rude and think they are being funny at the expense of others. A-bodies is community full of great people of which Mike considers his dearest friends and family. He looks out for everyone, even the new ones and takes it to heart when people disrespects his friends old and new.

He will be back, but needs a break to let things heal. He can't ignore, or toughen up because he would be changing who he is based on a few bad apples. Ignoring to him, is the same as accepting what they do. He will deal with it in the memike way when the time is right and in a respectful manner.

A long time ago, I had a conversation with Mike and asked him why do you let people hurt you so deeply? You should toughen your heart so that it wouldn't hurt so much. He replied "If I toughen my heart, I couldn't love as deep"

I've been here only a short time, but have been on other boards that had this issue. Some are intentional, some are not. Important thing is to forgive and move on. Don't let him hang onto this. I was always taught to forgive 70x7 times for every wrong someone does me. It's not easy, but definitely better than leaving it unresolved. Just my .02 cents.

A long time ago, I had a conversation with Mike and asked him why do you let people hurt you so deeply? You should toughen your heart so that it wouldn't hurt so much. He replied "If I toughen my heart, I couldn't love as deep"

WOW, it takes a real special person to say something like that.

"If I toughen my heart, I couldn't love as deep"

That just brought a tear to my eye, and made me realize even more what an amazing human being memike really is!

I hope memike returns to us when he feels the time is right. Until then, I hope he enjoys spending a little time fishing, as it has always helped me put things into perspective and its good for the soul.

God bless memike.

I'll be the first to admit that some stuff I say can come off as gruff and negative. Hush up Frankie.

That said, anybody that knows me in person will tell you that I am a joking fool 99.9% of the time and that's how I mean 99.9% if what I type......but it doesn't always end up comin out that way. Hush up Frankie.

So please Treva, tell Mike if it's something I said that I apologize from the bottom of my heart. I don't think it was me, cause I don't remember saying anything directly to Mike recently.....but still my apologies if it was.

I am trying to be better about what I say and how I say it......but I am a complete smartass and sometimes the opportunity is impossible to resist. Hush up Frankie.

Like I told Frankie recently when he graciously took Kitty and I to lunch. I have my sense of humor because honestly, there's nothing much else to me.

Hush up Frankie.

Only been here 6 months and have considered going away a few times but guy's like memike and others kept me coming back. There are some knowledgeable and great people here. Nothing wrong with disagreeing with someone but there is a core group here that seems to feel the need to show people up. If you have a disagreement with one of them then you have to fight all of them.I can already hear their answer now.Well you need to "Man up" or get out of here.Well you caused Mike to leave and that's a crying shame.

I know I don't follow every thread and didn't know what happened but Memike is an awsome guy who I helped out once and also met him a few time's and he would give his shirt off his back to help somebody out.

Memike take a breather for a bit and come back.....but PLEASE don't go!
I too gotta do the same thing and take a breather because some of these threads have become a ***** session at time's. It make's me wonder if I was in the politcal section.

I hope this all works out. This is a great site. I use it to feel more connected to my hobby. I've delt with a lot of great people. But you'll always have to deal with some vs no matter what. I hope Mike feels better soon and come back.

-
Back