Potential 73 Dart Sport owner...

-

sleward

Reaction score
I've been looking at the darts/dusters/demons for quite a while now. I've come across a 73 dart sport with a duster front end on it and I'm curious as to whether its a good deal or not. I've never owned Mopar anything but have always had a soft spot for one.

Everything is there minus the engine and transmission. It has schumacher mounts for a big block, tti big block headers 2" collector, full true dual 3" flowmaster exhaust... what else what else... an aluminum drive shaft, "cal-trac suspension" which i'm not familiar with but I will be googling...

8 3/4 rear with 4.56 posi, summit drag starts 15x3 on front and 15x10 rears. Paint would be driver quality I would say.

My question is, is 4500 too much of an asking price for it? I have located a 440 and 727 to put in it...

Also forgot, full interior, though the front seats have been replaced with summit racing seats.

$4500 is too much for that with no motor or trans imo . Do your self a favor & buy a running and driving car that you can do minor mods to and enjoy . Its a buyers market right now . Take your time and be patient . If you are willing to travel a little you will have a broader range of cars to choose from.

body and paint look decent.. how do they look in person?

the int. looks like crap.. has the wiring been hacked for that dash?

engine bay needs quite a bit of money put into it to look good. its a mess now..

to me it sounds high on the price. it does have some good stuff that comes with it though. but no motor or trans. heater is missing and god knows what else.. i would be worried about breaking the bank to get that thing back together.. unless its only going to be a track car..

I would ask to see it,in person.If the paint/body looks good with no rust,offer 3600 cash. That much in hardware new.If you have your heart set on a big block a body,looks decent.Oh,by the way ,Welcome.

-
Back