Powder Coating Price?

-

mopowers

Reaction score
I've never had anything powder coated and am wondering how much i'd expect to pay to have someone powder coat this small patio side table and plant stand I built? I ended up painting them but am now thinking powder would've been a better choice.

I called a couple local places, but they're unwilling to provide an estimate without seeing them in person.

Thanks.

thumbnail.jpg

Picture1106182151_1.jpg

The only way to find out what your locals will charge is to actually take them in for a quote.

id be surprised to find out you could get someone to do it locally to you, what with all those evil paint particles and brutish high temperatures involved

you could see what Leanna thinks of it, but shes not local to you, so that might not be very helpful

@CudaChick1968

I just had a kids bike frame blasted & powder coated for $30. I would say $45 to $50 for whats in your photo.

There is lots of variance in prices depending mainly on your location (competition). Most shops are flat rate which is usually unfair to the customer; some calculate it by square foot or inch and others use bidding software. From what I can tell in some online group responses, still others just pull a random number out of their backside. I charge by the hour for actual time spent plus materials.

Considering the pieces will live outside in the elements, my quote would include primer for sure. It's tough to tell how big they are but you said small so I'll estimate it at 2.9 to 3.1 hours ($116 - $124 before any discount is applied). Materials would be less than ten bucks unless you wanted something beyond the 400+ I have in stock.

I hope this helps for next time. :D

I just had my aluminum wheels on my truck done. They were corroded badly. They blasted and powder coated the entire rim 60 bucks each

I get a fair bit of stuff powdercoated. In the Phoenix area, doing those tables would run you 150 to 200 bucks. Or you could paint them yourself with POR15.

In NY I got a price of $200 to do powder coat on a 8 3/4 rear. A few years ago, 16 to be exact, it was $150 to do a hemi E body K frame. I asked how much for the motor mounts and he said $150 and with that I said I'll pass.

IMG_3112.JPG
I just had my aluminum wheels on my truck done. They were corroded badly. They blasted and powder coated the entire rim 60 bucks each
That is pretty cheap. I have been powder coating for about 15 years, and I wouldn't do rough wheels for that price. By the time you clean them, blast them, clean them again, run them through a heat cycle to out gas them, and coat and cure them, there is too much work for such a low price. Plus there is the cost of materials, electricity and wear and tear on the equipment. I usually charge $75 - $100 each for wheels. If you have a person coating rough wheels for that price and doing a good job, they are a great treasure. Here is a motorcycle luggage rack I did for a guy a while back. I love powder coating. It is great to have a fun hobby that can actually make some money.

Last edited:
id be surprised to find out you could get someone to do it locally to you, what with all those evil paint particles and brutish high temperatures involved

you could see what Leanna thinks of it, but shes not local to you, so that might not be very helpful

@CudaChick1968

As *** backwards as we are, we even have powder coaters that can do stuff that big. I had a couple of 4 wheeler frames done back when I was riding, and building my own.
We even got maybe, the best offense in collage football, and the worst defense !!

-
Back