Powder Coating Special - November 2008

-

CudaChick1968

Leanna ~ The Mistress of Metal
FABO Vendor
Reaction score
All right ladies and gents, this month it's time for something drastically different. This economy is hitting everyone hard and I'm no exception.

Since the weather's cooling off and it's finally getting to be the Fall teardown season, it's going to be the "DESIGN YOUR OWN DRESS UP KIT SALE!!!" Take 25% off your total powder coating labor bill when you send two or more parts for the same motor.

Valve covers and an intake ...

View attachment 47425

View attachment 47426

air cleaner and timing cover ... brackets and pulleys ...

View attachment 47423

tunnel ram and a shroud ... you decide!!!

The more parts you ship at once, the more you'll save. Just think: No more mismatched engine components!! And since I was kind of late in getting the November special posted, you'll have until DECEMBER 10 to get your parts here to take advantage of this great holiday special!!

Gift Certificates -- perfect for those hard-to-shop-for motorheads on your list!! -- are also available in any monetary amount. (Look for more info on the home page of my website near the bottom of the page.)

As an aside, it's been three years since I've been able to get Billy a Christmas present, so I want to be so overwhelmed with jobs this month that there's a few bucks left to do something special for the guy who's kept me alive and sane in the wake of Hurricane Katrina.

can you do coatings on headers. i have a brand new set of clifford slant six headers that are black and i would like them white. thanks.

Slantscamp, I do high-temp ceramic coatings on headers too, but they're only available in Performance Chrome (pictured), Satin Black or Cast Iron Gray.

View attachment 47427

The price is based on the size of the header tubes, and there's a full price list on the "Pricing & Shipping" tab on my website near the bottom of that page; look for "High Temperature Ceramic Header and Manifold Coatings" at http://phoenixs.dot5hosting.com/page4.html.

I'll talk with my supplier and see what I can do about adding a white finish for you and others who've asked me about them. Seems those gasser guys really love the white header look! :-D

Thanks for asking. I'll be back in touch privately when I know more.

Wish you weren't on the other side of the country......

Wish you weren't on the other side of the country......

Depending on the size of the box, the USPS flat rate boxes are a bargain. I shipped over 25 pounds of stuff to Leanna in the largest flat rate box and it was $12.95. For larger stuff, FedEx pricing isn't too hateful since it's going to a business (and it's less expensive the UPS).

Those headers look great in chrome Leanna.How would the performance chrome do on door handles,mirrors, tail light bezels,etc. Thinking of trying it if the powdercoat chrome is decently reflective as an alternate to the rechromer. Thanks

Oldschoolcuda

Just a heads up DHL pretty soon will be getting rid of their domestic shipping and only do internatonal shipping.

Those headers look great in chrome Leanna.How would the performance chrome do on door handles,mirrors, tail light bezels,etc. Thinking of trying it if the powdercoat chrome is decently reflective as an alternate to the rechromer. Thanks

Oldschoolcuda

Thanks for the compliment! It IS a very nice finish for headers and intake/exhaust manifolds.

But it's strictly used for high temp applications only and wouldn't work out well on those pot metal parts you mentioned. It's a ceramic coating. I do have one that isn't for high temp applications called "Super Chrome." There's a bunch of examples of it on the website Gallery.

Just a heads up DHL pretty soon will be getting rid of their domestic shipping and only do internatonal shipping.

Yeah, I heard about that too J.R. Rumor has it that they're closing all but 150 of their depots and eliminating most deliveries to any place other than big metro areas. I always had great service and decent rates when dealing with DHL ... sad to see all the changes.

The response to the November special has been overwhelming! Thank you all!!!

I've had a few people ask me what December's special is going to be (valve covers and intakes will be 20% off through December 31) but wanted to remind all of you that the November special is still in effect through December 10. There's a few days left to get a quote and get your parts here.

And while you're reading this, I want you all to know that my buddy Jeff Strong (a new FABO member and photographic artist by trade who ventured into the hot rod world last year with custom business cards, show boards, hero cards, etc.) added some PSC items to his Cafe Press store last week. You can buy a Phoenix Specialty Coatings license plate frame, coffee mug, bbq apron or stein. Here's a link to his store online http://www.cafepress.com/strongkeepsake. There's Christmas cards, ornaments, mouse pads ... you name it.

You can even get one of Dfmnsman's coffee mugs with his gorgeous 71 Duster on it http://www.cafepress.com/StrongKeepsake.329562176 and a Duster coaster to set it on!

By the way, PSC does not benefit at all by sales of these products except tangentially through advertising. No contact info appears on any of it except for the apron.

If there's enough interest in his store from FABO, I'll see if I can talk Jeff into making a PSC thong for the next round of photos. LOL

I've bought a couple of things from his store and have another couple of items to get. Nice work on them, too.

And count me in on your thong photo!

-
Back