powder coating

-
Leanna,
those are some cool colors, im digging them, me and my buddy do some coating on the side, mainly for us and friends, here is a couple of things we have done . this is my stuff i dont have the pics of customers stuff on this pc.

enjoy guys

My valve cover for a 64 cutlass im building
the specs you see are the indigo reflecting

p1010575ko6.jpg

p1020665mc9.jpg

this is my boy with the mail box i powdered burnt orange over black chrome, i also put a prizm into the orange

p1030177wd9.jpg

Sweatybetty,

I ran across Alsa Corp's Chrome paint product. They even have it in spray cans (they call them Killer cans). Check out the link to their "Killer Chrome" product in a can: http://www.alsacorp.com/products/killercans/kc/killerchrome.htm

It is a multi-spray process but you can get it all in cans if you don't have a spray setup.

This might be the ticket for your chrome - fiberglass problem. I have been wanting to try this product out for sometime.

now that we're on the subject, what are the benefits of powdercoating? How well do the home use guns that companies like eastwood and craftsman work?
p27252.jpg

I have the Eastwood kit. It works well, though show quality is not easy, especially on chrome. Cheep chrome is the hardest as any imperfections in the chrome will show. I did some chrome Edelbrock valvw covers for my wifes 318 in translucent red. They look good, but there are a few spots the size of a pin head or so on each one where the powder looks like it was thin but on the truck it is not noticeable. I have done some higher quality chrome Harley parts and they were VERY nice. I got my household type oven off a trash pile. I don't think household ovens are not the greatest thing to use due to uneven heat. I need to work on that still.

I do think the Eastwood kit is worth the money especially for someone who plans to coat a bunch of stuff.

As CudaChick1968 said, sometimes coating new parts are cheaper because of the cleaning involved with used parts.

CudaChick1968, very nice work.

TopHat

Leanna,

Is your site going through a transformation right now. I went there looking for pricing info but it looks like there might be some changes happening to it. Anyway, can you quote clear coating an Edelbrock cross ram (2-piece) intake manifold for me? TIA.

GTXperience and everyone ... Just wanted to let you know I've updated the Pricing / Shipping tab on my website. You can find some general ballpark prices on there now.

Thanks again!!!!!!!!!

GTXperience and everyone ... Just wanted to let you know I've updated the Pricing / Shipping tab on my website. You can find some general ballpark prices on there now.

Thanks again!!!!!!!!!

Hey Leanna, I would assume that those ballpark prices are with the item already being clean and ready to go.If im correct you may want to say that on the site so ppl dont think they can hand you something that will take 3 hrs to blast and clean and think it will be that cheap.

Point well taken OldCarJunkie. I'll revise it some more shortly.

Thanks for the suggestions! Please keep them coming.

-
Back