Powder Supplier's having a Photo Contest

-

CudaChick1968

Leanna ~ The Mistress of Metal
FABO Vendor
Reaction score
For the second year in a row, my powder supplier is having a photo contest. The top three winners in each category get free powder wooooooooo!!! and the big winner gets free powders, recognition amongst peers / competition and a company write up in their newsletter.

Not that anybody really cares about this but Joey's pushing for a high thread count. :-D I didn't win anything last year -- all they picked were motorcycle parts harumph -- so I'm trying again in the Custom Work Category.

I'd like to thank the following FABO members without whose confidence I wouldn't have had a photo to submit:

2 Darts (Mickey Thompson valve covers in my avatar)
HamesDart (Cal Customs valve covers and custom air cleaner hold down)
65Dartman (one of his several sets of 273 HP Commandos)

... and a couple Chevy guys from racingjunk.com ya'll probably don't know. lol

Lookin at those user names, I could go out on a limb here to start an argument [i.e., build up that post count] and say that Dart owners seem to be the most open minded when it comes to custom work on their cars. Heh hehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Love ya all! I couldn't do this without you. :love7:

I have said it before and I'll say it again. You do awesome work and when it comes time for some powder coating,you will be my lady! I've seen your work and love it.

What a nice thing to say!!! Thank you very much. :-D

You won't be alone. My first two jobs from Canada are on the way right now (thanks pettybluedart and Niall M., if you're a FABO member), and the four here right now are all for FABO guys.

Like I said ... I wouldn't be here without you, and I'll never ever let you forget how important you are.

Your welcome! I will be building custom headers for my Dart,so can you do hi temp silver?

The local powder coater does nothing but black and also does not seem to care about finish.

Quote = Not that anybody really cares about this

Bull hockey Leanna :love7: I would love to see you in the winners bracket
I am so proud of the great work you have dun to put new life in my parts

So here is the new begging to a new thread and a reminder that we are blest to have you here with us and we do care Leanna :love7:

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv%20012.jpg

JEEP FRESH AIR 1993 4.0 004.jpg

Mike, your engine is looking really good. I really like the top hat that leanna did. Somehow you need to have her sign your engine bay when it's done. She really deserves it. Looking good:)

I'd like to thank the following FABO members without whose confidence I wouldn't have had a photo to submit:

2 Darts (Mickey Thompson valve covers in my avatar)
HamesDart (Cal Customs valve covers and custom air cleaner hold down)
65Dartman (one of his several sets of 273 HP Commandos)

No, thank you! :cheers:The valve covers you did for me were like night and day after you did your magic. Hope they help you win - you definitely deserve it!

Mike, your engine is looking really good. I really like the top hat that leanna did. Somehow you need to have her sign your engine bay when it's done. She really deserves it. Looking good:)
I sure will 63dartman and thank you , Her home and shop is jus a 4 hour drive from me I think if not closer, She coated the Valve cover, Offy intake and Billy built the riser and coated it and polished the air collector for me, along with that sweet little 390 Holley :happy10: Billy went through the Holley for me to.
They have been a big part of the transformation that's for sure :cheers:

Leanna,
The quality of your work is the reason my parts are at your shop right now.
Your reputation on this site was and is outstanding, and because of it, I never even thought to look else where for powder coating.
Can't wait to get my parts back, the pic'c you sent me looked great!
Thankyou!

Your welcome! I will be building custom headers for my Dart,so can you do hi temp silver?
The local powder coater does nothing but black and also does not seem to care about finish.

I got out of the ceramic header/manifold business last September ... fired my supplier for lots of good reasons I won't address here and haven't found a replacement yet. I can give you the name of a friend in Chattanooga who does nice work on high temp ceramic coatings.

Nothing but black and doesn't care how it looks??? Goooooooddddd!!!!!!! LOL I love guys like him -- they keep me in business. :-D

Quote = Not that anybody really cares about this
Bull hockey Leanna :love7: I would love to see you in the winners bracket
I am so proud of the great work you have dun to put new life in my parts

So here is the new begging to a new thread and a reminder that we are blest to have you here with us and we do care Leanna :love7:

Mike, I'm the one who's blessed. Knowing you do care means a lot, and you scored extra points with your bull hockey since it reminded me of my dad. :cheers:

LOL!!!!!! I'll draw a little pic of Kilroy and the message "Mistress of Metal was here."

Leanna,
The quality of your work is the reason my parts are at your shop right now.
Your reputation on this site was and is outstanding, and because of it, I never even thought to look else where for powder coating.
Can't wait to get my parts back, the pic'c you sent me looked great!
Thankyou!

Glad you like what you've seen so far Ken ... it's been a challenge for sure [I love it :-D] but they're looking pretty classy and unlike anything I've done so far. It should all be in your hands by the end of the week so there's plenty of time to get ready for your show. Thanks again for your confidence and your business!

And thanks to everyone else I didn't quote just for being here and reading this. Great to know ya'll do care.

-
Back