Power booster won't fit?? PLEASE HELP!!!

-

Wilnutt

Reaction score
Got a power booster form carquest...converting fomr a slant 6 manual drum car to a 340 power disc SSBC set-up... but the power booster won't mount up to teh firewall..all the bolt holes and such don't line up..is there a bracket or anything i need??? I've searched the forum and can't find any answers

I just did this swap from manual to power. Used a '73 Dart power disc brake master and booster (disc brakes on the car) bolted up fine. Had four bolts sticking out of the bulkhead and bolted right up. Had to drill the inner wing brace hole and the lower bulkhead brace hole, but there were dimples in the metal where they went. Just made sure they aligned and drilled them.

In the case of early and late systems I believe you have one type that bolts up using two bolts and the later bolts up using four. Mancini Racing has adaptor plates to match these up for you.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

I did not pay attention when doing the swap as I was swapping off a parts car, but just in case this is your question, I do believe I remember a bracket type deal attached to the back of the booster and then that slipped over the studs sticking out of the bulkhead to attach it.

My car is a '71 Dart and the brake system is off a '73. Not sure if that is any use to you. Happy to take a snap or two if needed.

Cheers

thanks.. right now i have i where 4 bolts are coming out from the firewall...the booster has 4 bolts..atr a much larger surfacearea...goin from the booster..soo..idk

Ah, so you have the right year, but the issue is you ARE missing the bracket piece that bolts to the 4 studs off the back of the booster and then has the flange piece that bolts to the bulkhead studs. Here is a picture of anothers restoration (this car is an inspiration for me as it is the same citron yella my car is supposed to be). Anyway, you can see the back of the booster and the bracket piece. You will probably be best to post a request for the piece on this site as seems most are going the other way than we did (i.e. power to manual brake) and you may find someone who has the whole thing spare.

Other than that I would guess you are probably best to go to the scrappie and see if you can find one.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

1120040003%20(Small).jpg

just called a part guy i know....like 18-19 years old...with at least 18 nmopares sittin in his back yard..if anyone's needin a specific part...he may have it..he says it's teh "z-brackets" or something like that...

-
Back