Power Disk Brake Swap

-

71DartGuy

Reaction score
I recently purchased a booster and master cylinder assembly from an old a body, not sure what, and it came with the proportioning valve from the disk brake car too. My 71 dart now has manual drums. The question is, Does the prop. valve from the disk car bolt up to all the lines in the same ports? It looks as though the parts are identical, so I guess the differences are inside. I'm guessing I can just bolt up the booster, connect the push rod to the pedal, and then hook up all the lines into the new prop. valve? It seems straight forward but I dont want to miss anything. Thanks

Mike

The lines are routed similar no doubt, so you probably can hook them up. However, isn't the prop valve designed to be used with disc/front and drum/rear? Same goes for the mc. They are specifically designed to work either for disc or drum, and then power brakes or manual brakes. So in order to use these parts, I believe you also have to switch to disc brakes up front in order for it to work properly.

Dont remember what year Dart huh?

I bought a disc brake setup too,cuz my Dart had front drums.But I grabbed everything.Booster,master,,proportioning valve,lines discs,calipers,spindles.

Can you contact the seller and ask what it is you have?Maybe get the rest of the stuff you need!

I already have all the disk brake parts I need. They came from a 73 dart. I think the booster, mc, and prop valve are the only things left to have a complete power disk brake setup. The car I got the calipers, control arms, spindles, etc. didnt have the booster and mc, so I had to find them elsewhere.

O.K then just use the new valve and connect the plumbing,bleed everything.Good to go!

Awesome. Thanks for the tips. It sure will be nice to use only one foot on the brake pedal again! I guess thats why they made them so wide.

-
Back