Power Probe III

-
It is basically a powered test light. Hold it to a wire that goes to any circuit. Hold the switch one way to send power to the probe. Does the circuit now work? If yes , power problem. Hold the switch to ground the probe, does it work now? If so a ground problem. That is just the beginning of it's trouble shooting functions.

I was going to order a power probe 3 but then I am seeing they have a power probe 4. I am wondering if the 4 is worth the extra money, considering it will probably be around 15 years+ from now

I was going to order a power probe 3 but then I am seeing they have a power probe 4. I am wondering if the 4 is worth the extra money, considering it will probably be around 15 years+ from now

I you plan on working on late model cars a 4 would be better. Classics cars a 3 is all you need.

I feel like the biggest attraction people have towards this tool is it’s convenience. It’s purchase has near zero to do with whether or not you have knowledge of basic circuits. Most people already have a basic understanding otherwise why would they be interested in this tool in the first place. Although it can be used as a learning tool, for example, I’m sure the tech schools teach their students how to use it along with the tried and true OLD SCHOOL way. The last thing I want to be doing is dragging a bunch of extra **** around when there is a versatile tool available that makes life convenient. Which in turn makes the job less aggravating and allows me to move onto the next objective. I’ll gladly pay the $70 which doesn’t seem expensive to me at all. Sure you can throw some **** together for $5 and get the job done but it still won’t be as convenient or versatile. I think that’s what @fklskv is trying to say.

Mine showed up yesterday. At work today. Otherwise I’d be trying it out now to test my new headlight relay kit from Crackedback.

Great tool. Used it to test my new gauges, lights, solenoid on the starter, and starter relay and the new headlight relays from Crackedback. Great tool to have. Especially sending power to what you’re testing. Will be nice when I re-wire my trailer.

I received mine but I moved and haven't had a chance to play with it yet. ......still getting my garage back together !

Jeff

I like the connector on it, the circuit tracer kit has all kinds of fittings,wire piercer and socket fittings that power probe will accept too. The included extension is great for trailer work.
All the stuff power probe does can be achieved with other tools. Power probe is a combination of them.

-
Back