Power steering and headers.

-

Richie

Reaction score
Hi guys.

I wanted to ask this...my power steering box on my 69 dart looks like it may take up too much room for a set of headers. I havnt seen any darts with power steering and headers come to think of it. Have you guys? Will I have to get arm strong steering? Thanks.

Most headers will clear power steering boxes. The catalogs will show if they will clear.

don

I am running TTI Headers on my 69 Dart with a 340 & power steering. The TTI's also clear my scatter shield i am running on it as well.

73 swinger with headmans on a 360 and powersteering! Had to take the steering box out to do it but somehow it fit. There is a reason people stick to manifolds on a bodies.

Headers are PIA on every Mopar I have seen:angry4: Always long and involved to install and always glad when I got it done. :love4:

Hooker competiton headers (not the SUPER competition !!) in my 1967 barracuda with a 340/auto and PS. They fit like a glove. The bigger pain was installing the old style starter. I have changed my other A body to the mini starter and it is the only starter to with headers on a A engine/A body.

Bob

PS the 1973 Dart Sport has Hooker competition headers that are ceramic coated, go them from summit for $370, they fit great and look even better.

-
Back