Power Steering Bracket

-

MOPARJ

What can I upgrade now?
Reaction score
Im putting the finishing touches on putting my 318 back into my 73 Duster. It originally had a/c, but I removed it and still use all of the brackets. I have the standard, non Saganaw p/s pump and it has its normal large bracket attached to it. There is also a smaller bracket with a provision to thread a bolt that holds the p/s pump in place. This is the only portion of the motor that I didn't take a photo of. Can someone provide me a photo of the p/s area for a 73 or there abouts Duster with an air conditioned 318? I just need it for reference. Thanks.:eek:ops:

Not sure if this is going to help at all, but here is a couple of shots of the PS pump and brackets off my '73 Dart 318 parts car. Car did have AC at one time. I can only assume that they just removed the AC compressor and related brackets and left the PS pump and brackets alone as I don't have another to compare too. I hope it helps.
Cheers

DSCF0590.jpg

DSCF0591.jpg

There should be a spacer between the two brackets so when you tighten it, it doesn't suck the brackets together.

Chuck

Not sure if this is going to help at all, but here is a couple of shots of the PS pump and brackets off my '73 Dart 318 parts car. Car did have AC at one time. I can only assume that they just removed the AC compressor and related brackets and left the PS pump and brackets alone as I don't have another to compare too. I hope it helps.
Cheers

Excellent time of response and accuracy. Good job MoparBrit. You too, Chuck. It's all clear to me again. Now to find that spacer. You would think that the level of diffculty of the other things of done with cars may have made things easier to neglect than something as simple as this, but I guess not.:tard: Now I can finish may assembly, bolt the headers and move on to break in the mill. Now my biggest worries are if the motor will have oil pressure and that the cam is not a dud. Lol. Always a battle. Thanks again.:wink:

Sure enough you're right. Had not noticed that spacer missing. Well, not looked really as have been concentrating on suspension and brakes, but looks like I'll need to scrounge one up as well. Looking at the pictures I took it even looks like the bracket has sucked in a little just like 340mopar said. Thanks for the heads up.

No problem on the pics, just hope they helped!

Cheers

-
Back