Power steering conversion

-

69hemibeep

Reaction score
Guys, I have a 68 Valiant that I want to convert to P/S and the standard column I have is all hacked up. Can anyone tell me what years and models would be a direct bolt in for the column and also the steering box. Thanks for any help

And me, I have a super nice zero-miles freshly rebuilt & painted PS box $250 + the ride from Seattle.

I have a 1968 Barracuda with power steering that I want to convert to manual. The steering column is from a '66 Dart I think with the shifter on the column. Never driven the car so I am not sure of the condition of the box. It appears that there is a lot of play in the box. We could do a trade if your interested my power steering stuff for you manual stuff. Plus money on my part since the power box needs a rebuild.

Where are you located in AZ? I'm in Chandler. You could come take a look at it if you want.

Pre-'68 column will not properly fit in a '68-'69 car, and even if you hack it in, you lose the telescopic safety column (started in '68 ) which means in a hard front-ender you will get speared by the solid steering shaft.

Pre-'68 column will not properly fit in a '68-'69 car, and even if you hack it in, you lose the telescopic safety column (started in '68 ) which means in a hard front-ender you will get speared by the solid steering shaft.

Is there a way to determine what the steering column is from?

-
Back