Power steering delete pulley

-

MikeMalibu

Reaction score
I’m stuffing a 2001 5.9L magnum into a car that has a manual steering box. I’d like to remove the power steering pump from the engine and replace it with a pulley of the same size. In my search, I’ve found AC compressor delete pulleys but nothing for deleting the steering pump. Does anyone know of a delete pulley or have any suggestions?

try this thread out.

Van power steering bracket issues

0f65bcae-ac3e-47d7-ad42-190b2997fa97-jpeg.jpg

I’m stuffing a 2001 5.9L magnum into a car that has a manual steering box. I’d like to remove the power steering pump from the engine and replace it with a pulley of the same size. In my search, I’ve found AC compressor delete pulleys but nothing for deleting the steering pump. Does anyone know of a delete pulley or have any suggestions?
Are you sticking with the serpentine setup? If so then good luck. If youre going with mechanical fuel pump and LA front cover then there are exact one you can use for this. 70+ manual steering is what you want. Open an wanted ad and im sure someone with have what youre looking for.

Jake

Thanks el5dart. I did find that thread earlier. There is a comment about using an idler pulley in place of the power steering pump pulley, but no details. I also read postings where people gutted or blocked the outflow of the PS pump. I'd prefer to remove the pump since I'm not planning to install a power steering box.

I was hoping for a solution similar to the AC delete bracket and pulley assembly that is commercially available. One thought I have is to buy an idler pulley the size of the existing PS pump pulley and somehow adapt the PS pump bracket to securely attach the idler pulley. Then I can stay with the standard size belt and routing.

-
Back