power steering high pressure adapter

-

jhdeval

Reaction score
I damaged the threads on the adapter that feeds into the power steering box for the high pressure hose. It is 1/4 to 1/4 flare I checked oreilly and advance and lowes with no luck. Help? Where can I find this?

I ran into the same issue... Damaged threads and couldn't find one anywhere. Got one from Dick at Firmfeel. Was pricey as I recall but apparently not a common part.

do you have a picture of this i might have the part from some p/steering boxes, Lawrence

Try Amazon Hose (that's here in Tampa, FL) or you can try a local, commercial, high pressure hose,tube, and fitting place. They are the go-to place for fittings, a/c lines, p/s lines, ect. They make stuff in house!

Here is that picture I promised.

20121203_130928.jpg

Yep, that's the part I couldn't find. I also tried a place locally that sold/made high pressure hose, and they had some that were close but not quite right. I hope you have better luck than I did!

I did find it this morning. I went to a hydraulic place also. It is 20 1/4 thread (standard nut thread) on the bottom and standard 1/4 flare fitting on top. Cost me 2 bucks and change and worked like a champ.

-
Back