Power steering pump failing (Leaking) Are NOS or new ones available from Chrysler?

-

gossame1

Reaction score
Hello Gang,

This is Brian Carotenuto. I know it's been a while since I posted anything here lately. I need some assistance here. As most of you know, I have a '68 Plymouth Valiant 100 four door sedan,(As well as a new '05 300-see sig pic) I had the power steering pump replaced in the Valiant with a remanned unit after the original failed that was on the car when I purchased the car back a few years ago. Now the pump is deciding to leak on me and it is getting very tiring dumping ps fluid almost every other week after the low pitched groaning starts. I was wondering, are there any new or NOS power steering pumps available from Chrysler for the car? I know that alot of things have been discontinued at the dealer level, but would the pump be the same for other years as well. The engine in the car is the 273 V8 with a TF 904 3 speed automatic. Any information would be greatly appreciated. I look foreward to be hearing from the group soon.

Sincerely yours,

Brian T. Carotenuto

How old is the pump and what part of it is leaking?If its the tank it self,a epoxy coating can be applied and sealed once its clean of any oil,is it a seal? or a hose o-ring?I just got a 67 dart with P/S and if you need a pump to rebiuld you can email me,Mrmopartech

How old is the pump and what part of it is leaking?If its the tank it self,a epoxy coating can be applied and sealed once its clean of any oil,is it a seal? or a hose o-ring?I just got a 67 dart with P/S and if you need a pump to rebiuld you can email me,Mrmopartech

MrMopartech,

I had the pump replaced in July of 2003, shortly after I purchased the car, after the original pump failed that was on the car when I purchased it. I'm not sure where the leak is coming from. I know that all the hoses are OK, I replaced them when I had the pump replaced. Possible seal failure? I guess being a remanned part, anything could go wrong in rebuilding the pump. I'm going to see where the pump is leaking from. I'm calling the technician when I get back from vacation. Thanks for your input.

Sincerely yours,

Brian T. Carotenuto

-
Back