Power Steering Return Valve

-

scuba0331

Reaction score
The old valve I had looks like the one on the left in the picture. The New valve I have looks like the one on the right. The Hose size seems like it is going form 3/8 to 5/8. How the heck am I going to hook up the the large valve to the PS pump since the hose will be so big?

Thanks

Attachments

• PS Return.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 181
Yep, I will swap them. The only reason why I wasn't going to is because I had a gear box rebuilt from Firm Feel and the box I sent them had the "large" return valve on it. So I wasn't sure if they rebuilt it or not so I didn't want to put the old non rebuilt return valve on it. But, it appears I will ahve to do that or get some funky hose nipple to go from 5/8 hose to 3/8 hose. That will look like crap.

Thanks,

After you install that piece, you'll likely have to "center it" or your steering will pull to one side or the other.
Loosten the retaining bolts slightly, jack up the front of the car so both wheels are off the ground, start the engine. Watch the steering wheel so see if it moves right or left. If it does, use a small hammer to tap the valve left or right to compensate.
Now, if the valve is way off on it's location during initial start up, the steering wheel could swing violently to one side, so keep your hands/arms away from the wheel.

George

Thanks george! I experienced the auto steer with the first box!

-
Back