power steering swap on /6 to 318

-

jasonmrenda

Reaction score
hi all
i am doing the /6 to 318 swap on my 67 GT with the whole V* k frame and all its components. ordered the kit from perf suspension for ball joints tie rods etc.

my newest question is:
the power steering setup on my 67 GT works fine but the one on the 76 swinger kframe does not. i am putting the 76 k frame into the 67 with the 318 etc. can i use the complete power steering setup from the 67 with the 76 k frame and motor? or do i need to get a reman steering box specific to the 76 and if so, will it mate right up to the 67 steering col as i do not want to swap that as it is great and in great shape.

also doesnt the 67 have a specific year pitman arm? does this change things if using a 76 V8 k-frame.

Give Dick Ross at Firm Feel a call. Man knows his stuff, isn't afraid to share.

Should not be a problem. The /6 PS pump will need V-8 brackets to make the trip over to the new setup. I think the hoses will be ok length-wise.

Should not be a problem. The /6 PS pump will need V-8 brackets to make the trip over to the new setup. I think the hoses will be ok length-wise.

Besides, I think the pulleys on /6 an V8 are different. Correct me if I'm wrong.

-
Back