Power Steering Swap

-

71Duster

Reaction score
Well in an effort for a more func ruise I out a new firm feel box in while doing the engine swap and my TTI's are insanely close to the box. To put it in terms I had a towel over the box/fender to protect the header. I bolted the header up and had to use a prybar to get the #3 tube to get the towel out.

I am really really starting to hate aftermarket stuff...

Anyone have this issue? I have year old Schumacher engine mounts as well and a new tranny mount to. It should be sitting good. I printe out the modifications for the engine mounts from TTI but does anyone know what the measurements are for where the engine should sit?

Yep on my early 64 a they are so dam tight it is crazy. Yes I amglad they made hem to fit this application, just wish I would have pitched the PS and went manual!

More room, less weight, no hoses, no pump, no belt.. yep I messed up. Should have listened to myself and no firm feel and some others..

I have a set of cheapo headers, and they cleared the power box and steering assembly pretty well. When I installed them I hung them on the fender well, then set the engine in the bay. Pulling the left side out requires jacking the motor up about two inches, but the right side falls out the bottom no problem.

Now that i have gone to manual steering, I have all sorts of room.

-
Back