Power Steering??

-

Small Block

Reaction score
Just so you have ALL the history on this subject i'll elaborate so we don't miss anything. This is a 72 Duster 318. It's a 64000 mile car that i have removed every nut and bolt twice and put it all back together. Very nice car BUT the steering has problems. It wants to go left even when setting in the shop running at idle. Going down the road it will go left if you let go of it but it is drivable but annoying. After reassembly of the whole car i took it down for alignment and the rack man did the best he could and found the drivers side suspinsion to be back 1" further than the pass side so i took it and had it pulled. they fixed that now i will take it back and put it on the rack again but meantime the steering wants to go left. Now this car was dissasembled for about 2 years in my shop and it didn't to my recollection have this problem before i took it apart. Is my problem the sector or the pump. I've replaced the pump as it leaked. In my area we have mud dobbers. Could there be a stopped up hose? Could something be plugged and stopping the correct flow? Are the sectors rebuildable and if so where to go for a kit? Thanks for the much anticipated help.

-
Back