Power to manual. 66 brake rod for 71 swinger?

-

WA71swinger

Reaction score
Can order single reservoir 66 valiant MC that comes with brake rod for $35. Want to use my current power disk/drum MC and bolt it to the firewall without the booster. Current MC is for a 73 dart. Worked well with stock 318. Minimal vacuum with new motor. Have manual disk /drum on my other 71 with equal size front and rear reservoirs (drum/drum?). Best mopar brakes I have ever used. Both cars have 73 and newer disks with slider calipers on front and the large mopar drums on back.

Not sure what you are asking. The single reservoir can't be used on your car so I am wondering if you just want the rod? Removing it could damage the retaining rubber/nylon washer. Why not source an adjustable rod so there is no issue of fit?
The current MC used on power brakes is likely sized too big, either 1 1/16 or 1 1/32 cylinder, to be used manually. The pedal feel will be too firm to use everyday.

Thank you for the info. Hoped MC I have would work. Was new when bought. Turns out to be 1 1/32 dia. Would leave something to be desired. Considering adapter plate/adjustable rod. Newer style MC set up since I am going to get a new MC anyway. Will search previous threads. I know there is much info to be had.

-
Back