Power to manual brakes questions

-

Notanova73

Reaction score
hello I have a 1973 Plymouth duster.it has power disc brakes, drum rear for now .later I will be installing an 8.8 disc rearend.i want to run a newer aluminum master cylinder.so I know I need the 4 bolt to 2 bolt adapter.so what pushrod will I need since the adapter will add so I’m not sure if a manual rod will work do I have to buy an adjustable rod?or can I use my factory power brake one ?thought since the adapter is there it will work?im lost on this rite now.im on a budget so will be buying off of eBay.if all I need is pushrod who can sell me one ?thanks (I’m horrible at typing/texting I have carpal tunnel and bad nerve damage in my arms)

People say the adjustable is to short or too long everyone has diff issues ,so I won’t have issue with using adjustable push rod and the 4 bolt to 2 bolt adapter along with a newer aluminum master from mud 80’s dodge truck or van? Or is there a better factory alum I should use?

Converted to manual brakes yesterday and bled by myself today haven’t drove yet but the pedal feels better then it ever did with the power brakes.side note I don’t c how people say they used the power brake rod since on mine one is non existent that I can see .i bought a used manual brake rod from a member here.and bought a factory replacement master cylinder for a 73 duster manual brakes.

-
Back