Power to Manual Brakes

-

MOPARJ

What can I upgrade now?
Reaction score
I am going to swap over my 73 Duster from power to manual brakes by removing the vacuum booster. I want to use the same m/c. Can I get by with just removing the vacuum can and installing the same m/c up to the firewall? Will I need a manual brake pushrod, or will the Mancini unit work without modification?

ok. i just done this on my car with a DrDiff manual late model master cyl. my question is,do you need a return spring for the manual setup? and if so,where does is hook on factory manual cars?

There is no external return spring, its inside the master cyl. Something is probably binding somewhere. Make sure the pushrod bolt isn't too tight and the pedal moves freely. If everything is moving smoothly under the dash then it could be a defective master cyl or debris in the system thats not allowing the fluid to return to the master cyl.

There is no external return spring, its inside the master cyl. Something is probably binding somewhere. Make sure the pushrod bolt isn't too tight and the pedal moves freely. If everything is moving smoothly under the dash then it could be a defective master cyl or debris in the system thats not allowing the fluid to return to the master cyl.

i am going out today to check the binding problem when it cools down. i thought of that the other day at work. i may have gotten a little excited when i put it in the second time and got it too tight. it is a brand new cyl. from DrDiff,so i doubt it is defective. i really just wasn't sure about the return spring situation. the old jeeps had a return spring on them.

-
Back