power to manual

-

hairy72

Reaction score
i have a 72 duster with power steering and want to convert it to manual steering can i just bolt a manual box in or is the steering shaft output not long enough

Here is a pic and link to the Firm Feel piece:

http://www.firmfeel.com/column_adapt.htm

coladp.jpg

if you look around you should be able to locate a manual steering column for about 150. I would rather spend a little more and eliminate the "adapter" it's just one less thing to fail.

Get the Flaming River power to manual adapter. Now you can trash that piece o crap factory coupler for good.

I have a 1971 Dudter and want to do the same thing. Mopar Action told me to change the box and buy the adaptor. Another Mopar dealer told me I would have to remove the steering column. How does the power steering column disconnect from the power steering box? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a 1971 Dudter and want to do the same thing. Mopar Action told me to change the box and buy the adaptor. Another Mopar dealer told me I would have to remove the steering column. How does the power steering column disconnect from the power steering box? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
There is a roll pin about a 1/4" in diameter,knock that out then you can use a steering seperator fork to seperate them the rest of the way....

I have the 1971 Duster that I want to change the steering box in, I have a 360 cid small block in it with headers, can the steering box be removed with the motor and headers in place?

-
Back