Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Battery

Votes: 14 87.5%

• Total voters
-

skep419

No show, all go!
Reaction score
Just curious what everyone is using. I have a mix of both but I wish I would have just bit the bullet and got a Milwaukee bundle.

All Dewalt. Drill, impact, drywall screwgun, router, skil saw, Sawzall, SDS, angle grinder, and oscillator tool. All 20 v...

I have most if not all of the air tools that I need, so from this point forward I would prefer to increase my Milwaukee collection, but they are damn pricey here, over $600.00 for a 1/2 inch drive impact. I really like the 1/4 inch one and the hammer drill that I bought about 8 years ago. They have been excellent tools for my needs.

All Dewalt. Drill, impact, drywall screwgun, router, skil saw, Sawzall, SDS, angle grinder, and oscillator tool. All 20 v...

I had a mishmash of cordless tools, nothing interchanged and all different brands/chargers. I just dropped the dough for all DeWalt 20V stuff. This is the time of year to do so, I got a drill, impact driver, sawzall, blower, jigsaw, circular saw, flashlight, two chargers and four batteries for about $600 total. That's about half price overall. I'm very happy with this stuff, it works great.

I had a mishmash of cordless tools, nothing interchanged and all different brands/chargers. I just dropped the dough for all DeWalt 20V stuff. This is the time of year to do so, I got a drill, impact driver, sawzall, blower, jigsaw, circular saw, flashlight, two chargers and four batteries for about $600 total. That's about half price overall. I'm very happy with this stuff, it works great.
I've been looking at the blower for quick job site cleaning. I WANT the jigsaw, but at 169 bucks, it's kinda like my old porter cable 5$ garage sale one will work. Even as a Carpenter, I rarely need one...

Dewalt/Milwaukee/ air compressor tools all depends on location, power needed, size of what’s needed and how many RPMs I need. Honestly we all know tools make every job easier and faster so if i need i buy it. I just bought a 3/4 ratchet set off a member great deal will i ever use probably not but who knows.

Agree with Mopar Momzee, it depends on the job. I like pneumatic tools for RPM control when sanding or grinding, but I also love my DeWalt impact driver when I have a lot of nuts/bolts to break, or screws to drive.

Honestly, I do 80% of fastener work by hand with either a wrench or ratchet because I like to be able to feel the threads, or if there's resistance so I can stop before damage is caused. Then again, I'm not a professional so time/efficiency isn't as much a factor.

I have found, over a good period of years, that using impact power tools have saved me from breaking rusted, stuck, or otherwise damaged fasteners, more than using manual tools. One of my coworkers nearly always would hit screw heads with a hammer before, attempting to remove them.

-
Back