Power valve not opening

-
From my original post: "the AFR readings on the wideband". How else would I know? :poke:
I know what a PV does. That's why I'm tuning it... your formula is just a shot in the dark without a wideband AFR gauge and knowing the particulars of my combo. In fact my primaries are a smaller than stock #71, PVCR are a larger .066, and secondaries #86 as I mentioned in my post #17.
Your wide band is to slow to read correctly, yea I don’t know **** after 50 years. Have fun.

Apparently you don't... some people have 1 year of experience repeated 49 times :icon_fU: I've only been turning my own wrenches for 40+ years so I bow to your superior ability. Not.

BTW those readings are at steady-state, after the "too slow" wideband has responded and settled on a new reading while I keep the vacuum at the same reading with the throttle. But that didn't occur to you even though I said so in post #23. Why don't you try actually reading the thread before spouting nonsense and insulting people, genius.

Easy boys. We all do things differently and all have success doing it different ways. I've never used a wide band in my life, but I can guarantee you I am pretty much spot on from experience. .....and from the grey color on the inside of Vixen's tail pipe. lol You can do the same thing with a vacuum gauge as with a wide band. It just may take a little longer is all.

Easy boys. We all do things differently and all have success doing it different ways. I've never used a wide band in my life, but I can guarantee you I am pretty much spot on from experience. .....and from the grey color on the inside of Vixen's tail pipe. lol You can do the same thing with a vacuum gauge as with a wide band. It just may take a little longer is all.

I agree, but a wideband saves more than a little time (IMNSHO of course). What pissed me off was the flat assertion to do it a certain way and repeated posting when he obviously hadn't even read through the thread or knew what my combo is. Anyway that's what the "ignore" setting is for! :p

I agree, but a wideband saves more than a little time (IMNSHO of course). What pissed me off was the flat assertion to do it a certain way and repeated posting when he obviously hadn't even read through the thread or knew what my combo is. Anyway that's what the "ignore" setting is for! :p
Yes sir. I also cannot stand "my way or the highway" attitudes. It all boils down to what you're familiar with and what you're comfortable with. I know the wideband is a great tool, but I was tuning on carburetors a long time before they were a wet dream in somebody's mind, so I'll keep doing it that way. That's part of the enjoyment for me is chasing down the proper tune. If I got something that took that away, somehow it wouldn't be as fun, but I sure as heck ain't gonna condemn somebody for doin it different.

Apparently you don't... some people have 1 year of experience repeated 49 times :icon_fU: I've only been turning my own wrenches for 40+ years so I bow to your superior ability. Not.

BTW those readings are at steady-state, after the "too slow" wideband has responded and settled on a new reading while I keep the vacuum at the same reading with the throttle. But that didn't occur to you even though I said so in post #23. Why don't you try actually reading the thread before spouting nonsense and insulting people, genius.
I read all the BS and tried not to reply but sometimes just can’t help myself. BTW you have no clue what I’ve done so go ride your horse into the sunset.

-
Back