Power Wagon ( Heater core )

-

SS Lancer

Reaction score
GREETINGS - not having much luck finding a quality heater core for a 1976 Power Wagon , anyone know of some source's?

Screenshot_20230703-100929.png

Chris...if that don't work out, holler at me and I can hook you up with the radiator shop that re-cored 2 brass radiators for me a while back and put hi flow cores in them. Might not be any cheaper, but they do good work.

If you have not gotten one yet, check with Vintage Power Wagons and see what they say. They might can help.

WOW - just under $270 shipped but have to get it thanks for info

My D200 is the same generation truck but it came with factory A/C which uses a different heater core. Mine sprung a leak and no replacements were to be found, I think to have it recored at a shop in Denver which was the only place within 200 miles that did it was at least $300 and that was back in 2020 (pre-inflation). Consider yourself lucky lol.

Yes glad a replacement could be found will keep stock one and possibly have it repaired if this new one breaks / OEM quality is superior to aftermarket Normally.

Screenshot_20230919-114206.png

Yes glad a replacement could be found will keep stock one and possibly have it repaired if this new one breaks / OEM quality is superior to aftermarket Normally.

View attachment 1716144477

Good idea on keeping the old one, can't trust anything aftermarket these days tragically. The shop that fixed mine at least did a great job on it so it was worth the cost in my mind. Their main business is repairing radiators, intercoolers, heat exchangers etc on big rigs and construction equipment. I hope I can find a similar company here in GA if the need arises.

Southern Electric in Conley GA
They rebuild alternators and RONNIE ( owner ) has a top shelf radiator business also
It's on 42 hwy right where
Clayton and Dekalb county's meet.

I forgot to mention summit sells the same one as LMC for cheaper and free shipping. I found that AFTER I bought from LMC and paid their shipping. Once I got it and googled the part number. Bam. Summit has it.

I think this is the same one that LMC sells only it’s $45 dollars cheaper, with free shipping as well. So it makes it like $70 dollars cheaper. I learned about the part number after the fact.
It will work, but you have to grind on the backing plate. The aftermarket one is also a heavier gauge sheet metal which I didn’t like, it puts too much stress on the fiberglass heater box.

-
Back