Powerball lottery

-
(Jan. 8, 2016) – The odds of winning the record $00 million Powerball jackpot are stacked against you. According to the multistate lottery, the odds of winning are 1 in 292 million (the exact odds are 1 in 292,201,338, according to Powerball.com).

The odds were “slightly” better for Powerball drawings before October, when organizers made a tweak to the game. Previously, players chose five numbers out of 59; now, players make their selections from 69 numbers.

Nailing down the Powerball is slightly easier, however. Players now choose from 26 numbers instead of 39, boosting the odds of winning even a small prize from 1 in 32 to 1 in 25. If you get just the Powerball right, you win $4.

But winning the massive Powerball jackpot (or even the million dollar prize: odds are 1 in 11.7 million) is much, much harder. Powerball organizers made the change with the thinking that fewer winners means more rollover pots, which equals larger jackpots and more players. Considering Saturday’s jackpot is worth a record $800 million and almost everyone in Indiana has Powerball fever, that line of thinking appears to be correct.

Odds are, you won’t win. Still, as the old saying goes, you can’t win if you don’t play. Just keep in mind that you have a higher likelihood of having the following things happen to you than hitting that sweet, sweet $800 million jackpot:

Have an IQ of 190 or greater (1 out of 107 million)
Give birth to quadruplets, even without the help of fertility treatments – (1 in 729,000)
Be killed by an asteroid strike (1 in 700,000)
Being an American billionaire (1 in 575,097)
Be killed by a lightning strike – (1 in 164,968)
Die by drowning (1 in 1,113)
Be struck by lightning, while drowning (1 in 183 million)

If the odds of winning are 1 in 292 million (the exact odds are 1 in 292,201,338, according to Powerball.com). then that means there is only 292,201,338 variations of numbers. So, if you spend $292,201,338.00 and buy every possible number, you are guarantied to win. If the jackpot is $1.5 billion (as of 1/13/16 6pm) you quadruple you investment if no one else has the same numbers.

If the odds of winning are 1 in 292 million (the exact odds are 1 in 292,201,338, according to Powerball.com). then that means there is only 292,201,338 variations of numbers. So, if you spend $292,201,338.00 and buy every possible number, you are guarantied to win. If the jackpot is $1.5 billion (as of 1/13/16 6pm) you quadruple you investment if no one else has the same numbers.

And if you could process one ticket every second, it would only take you about 9.2 years just to buy the tickets....

I got it all figured out. make the lottery worth 20 billion $$$$$, divide it between 100 people, it will general enough $$ to pay off the national debt, then our $$ will be worth something!?? give the leftovers to Canada so their money will buy more cars and parts????

That would get you only half....Powerball tickets without Power Play are two Dollars each.

I'm in for four tickets.

Heck, my wife's car was hit by lightning (while she was in it) many years ago and my car was hit by lightning last year (while I was in it).

Sounds like we beat the odds:cheers::cheers::cheers:

I'll let you all know when I get settled in my ranch in Montana!!

Im in a group at work that buys tickets twice a week,for powerball.there are 13 of us,about 18 months ago we matched 5 numbers ( one million dollars) split 13 ways,$66,666.66 each before taxes.Hopefully we can hit (THE BIG ONE) this time.Im with RRR i think i would just disapear...............................................................Jeff:blob::blob::blob:

Im in a group at work that buys tickets twice a week,for powerball.there are 13 of us,about 18 months ago we matched 5 numbers ( one million dollars) split 13 ways,$66,666.66 each before taxes.Hopefully we can hit (THE BIG ONE) this time.Im with RRR i think i would just disapear...............................................................Jeff:blob::blob::blob:

NO MORE FOR YOU DANGIT!! Seriously tho congrats! Did you contemplate quitting? I bet your boss was worried about everyone handing in pink slips.

Rotsa ruck everyone!

Well, here are the numbers:

4-8-19-27-34 and 10

I only hit one number out of 5 tries... :banghead:

nada here Karl....: off to work tomorrow...violent1:

Thanks for the tix folks!
I may hit you up again on Saturday.

nada here Karl....: off to work tomorrow...violent1:

Thanks for the tix folks!
I may hit you up again on Saturday.

.................Only 1 problem with that Steve is that if u r not a U S citizen, U CANNOT claim the winnings...............Border security r confiscating tickets.......there is a little known law...............check it out.............kim........ofcourse u could get a U S buddy to claim it............

.................Only 1 problem with that Steve is that if u r not a U S citizen, U CANNOT claim the winnings...............Border security r confiscating tickets.......there is a little known law...............check it out.............kim........ofcourse u could get a U S buddy to claim it............

I would be happy to claim your winnings for you Steve.... :glasses7:

Two tickets Sat and 3 yesterday, didn't match a single number, hmmm.

I had an island picked out.

One winner in Chino, CA that's been announced.

27 year old California guy that won sounds like a real class act... Going to buy "another" Yacht. Probably better that he won since he's already rich (multi-millionare) and he will know how to handle the money better than some other poor person.

Hope the yacht goes down Jordan Belfort style :finga:

figures - boo hiss -:wack:
27 year old California guy that won sounds like a real class act... Going to buy "another" Yacht. Probably better that he won since he's already rich (multi-millionare) and he will know how to handle the money better than some other poor person.

-
Back