powers back

-

norshorblufish

By the Big Water
Reaction score
We had a fun past 6 days.
Just got power back Tuesday afternoon it's been out since Thursday last week.
Storm went through about 3am power was out since then. Some folks still don't have power.
Had to be the hot days we've had this summer so far 90s with high humidity.
Had to look for a generator everyone was sold out.
Menards was able to get an emergency shipment in of a brand I never heard of and that they don't sell. Not what I wanted but I had no choice. wasn't going to wait around for the Generac truck to get there cause I didn't want to lose all the food in the fridge and freezer.

It was made in china, but I tell you one thing that baby ran the whole time except for a few hours here and there to give a little cool off time and to refuel it.
Best money I spent.

We had to fill jugs with water because we have a well and had to use the toilet at the near by boat harbor. We had to use ours very little we have city sewer but have pressurized grinder pump system to get it to the sewer main line. We were able to use my wife's sister's shower.

Everyone had generators going the area sounded like a construction site.

You don't realize how dependent you are on something until you have to be without it.

I hear you...

I lived through the "blackout of 2003" in Detroit where the whole power grid from New York to mid-Michigan went out... We were out of power for 4 days in August and you wouldn't believe the mentality of people trying to scrounge gas, food, power, etc...

I found a store that was open, had my cart half filled with supplies, turned my back and left it for 30 sec to get some drinks and someone stole the whole cart and I had to go re-shop all over and most of the items were almost sold out... (batteries, candles, flashlights, etc...) I emptied a few of them the second round....

You then realize how much we rely on technology for daily life....

Glad that your power is back on... :thumbsup:

-
Back