Powertrain color

Powertrain color

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-

MoparDaddy

Damn Right I Carry!
Reaction score
I can't make up my mind what color to do. Now that I'm back to work I can hopefully make some progress with my project suburban. I know, it's a ch***, but it's what I have to work with. Anyway, I can't decide between Chrysler red or general lee (hugger) orange. What do you guys think would look best?

Attachments

• image-3808328488.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 270
  • image-2805838470.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 239
I'm in for the Red, Chuck. I don't like orange engines no matter what they were in, unless it was a correct resto. In the 70's, I used "Ferd" red on a lot of engines. Good luck on whatever you decide. After all, a nice fresh engine really looks good no matter what color it ends up. :D

I'm in for the Red, Chuck. I don't like orange engines no matter what they were in, unless it was a correct resto. In the 70's, I used "Ferd" red on a lot of engines. Good luck on whatever you decide. After all, a nice fresh engine really looks good no matter what color it ends up. :D
thanks rick! I appreciate it. I figure I'll get some "hate mail" posts, but it's to be expected.

Here's one I did for a old girlfriend.....really old girlfriend, lol.....30+yrs ago.

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 232
Here's one I did for a old girlfriend.....really old girlfriend, lol.....30+yrs ago.
that looks good. That's a good idea rick. Those of you with a red or orange engine in a black vehicle, please post a photo. The first one I ever did. We weren't done hooking everything up or looming wires yet in the photo, but this is the 262 in my s10 3-4yrs ago. Asa and I had just reinstalled the inner fender wells.

Here's an example of general lee orange

Attachments

• image-1170927824.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 209
Depends on the color of your Suburban... but, I'll have to agree with the red... although I also like the light chevy blue with those valve covers (have similar M/T covers in the light blue on my 59 Suburban). and also found some hammerite brown that is real close to my barracuda that I did the engine in that with...

I vote Red but I am biased.

Attachments

• GTS39.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 227
I had a 87' GMC 4x4 i bought new when I worked at a Pont/GMC store. Got a great deal. Had the dreaded 2.8 lol. I actually raced it a few times, and went low 18's :D. I did put 105k on it before I bought my 94' Dodge short bed.

Red is nice

20130905_091048_zps2e554d25.jpg

I will probably get the hate mail here for this one but I never used Chrysler orange ...it is not a brilliant, good looking color.

all Rani built engines get a coat of Chevrolet Orange.....thats what im stickin to. :headbang::headbang:

Attachments

• CIMG8453 (2).jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 210
  • CIMG9925.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 224
Rani, I'm pretty sure that is a federal offense!

On a serious note I vote red. However, I was shocked when I had the hemi orange paint for my 440 mixed. There is pearl and metallic in it.

I will probably get the hate mail here for this one but I never used Chrysler orange ...it is not a brilliant, good looking color.

all Rani built engines get a coat of Chevrolet Orange.....thats what im stickin to. :headbang::headbang:
:axe:

Haha rani! I don't like hemi orange on engine either. It's just not as vibrant and it doesn't have that "in your face, WHAM!" Effect when you open the hood.

-
Back