Prayers Needed

-

srduster340

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Please say a prayer for me as I'm going under the knife this Thursday to remove a damaged disc in my neck that's riding on my spinal cord. Anybody had it done?

That does not sound like fun...have a friend putting the same thing off. Best of luck to you....

I dad it done in 2008. The Doctor took 2 out and put a plate and 6 screws in. Seven days later took the brace off and 7 weeks went back to work. But I waited to long and the feeling didn't all come back. I still have one above and below that is bad. I had 4-5 and 5-6 out.:dontknow:

Prayers being sent for successful surgery on Thurday. Hey I never realized we are practically neighbors.

Thanks fellas. That 414 Duster stroker in the garage is keeping me in good spirits. Just finishing wiring it up. Hey Goldfish65, I grew up on Glenwood Ave.

Wish the best for you,
I had my lumbar 2-3 disc worked on in march and was off work for 4 months, hurt like hell, worked my *** off in physical therapy, this is the best i have felt in YEARS.
The nerve pain is gone. it will still take a long time for muscles to heal and gain strength. Every case is different. I hope the best for you.

my uncle underwent surgery for the same thing, he almost made it through the surgery but the doc had a sudden hiccup attack. Jk

good luck, keep your spirits up and remember laughter is the best medicine.

I needed that laugh 1969dodgedartgt. Thanks. I will keep everyone posted.

I had C6/C7 fused 2 years ago. The disk in my neck was so bad it was moving my spinal cord...I only had 20% mobility in my left arm, and the horrible pain to boot. The moment I woke up from surgery I noticed that particular pain was gone. I won't like there was other pain/soreness related to the surgery. I had to spend an overnight in the hospital but went home with no neck brace. I was only allowed to lift 10 pounds max for 3-5 week (can't remember exactly). The hardest part was getting comfortable to sleep for the first week or so. I had to sleep on a recliner. The disk below the one I had operated on is getting bad and when that time comes there will be no hestiation...I would do this again in a heartbeat because I had such great results. Its hard not to worry when they are millimeters away from your spinal cord but your central nervous system is continuously monitored so IF he (or she) even gets close your body has sensors all over it so that he'll know.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions

Good luck...you will do just fine!

-
Back