Status
Not open for further replies.

DesertRat

Leading edge boomer
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
I want hi-back latching seats for my 67 Barracuda. It looks like I need pre-72 A-body seats to get them to fit. I will recover as needed to match my interior. Looking for a set.
Thanks for looking----DR------------:)

I want hi-back latching seats for my 67 Barracuda. It looks like I need pre-72 A-body seats to get them to fit. I will recover as needed to match my interior. Looking for a set.
Thanks for looking----DR------------:)

Pre-72 seats are basically the same as 70-76 seats. Minor differences with type of release button & soft/hard backs, but pretty much all will work for what you're looking for....Hope this helps!!

Pre-72 seats are basically the same as 70-76 seats. Minor differences with type of release button & soft/hard backs, but pretty much all will work for what you're looking for....Hope this helps!!
Thanks for the advice. I thought there was a change in 72 that made the fitup more difficult. Thinking about 78 Granada buckets, read that might work too.

Thanks for the advice. I thought there was a change in 72 that made the fitup more difficult. Thinking about 78 Granada buckets, read that might work too.

There shouldn't be any major differences in the 70 - 76 bucket seats besides the release buttons & backs mentioned above for what you want to do. The seat tracks are another story...

I have NO idea on Granada seats, but I think they're much wider than A-Body seats.....Might fit, but don't know?

There shouldn't be any major differences in the 70 - 76 bucket seats besides the release buttons & backs mentioned above for what you want to do. The seat tracks are another story...

I have NO idea on Granada seats, but I think they're much wider than A-Body seats.....Might fit, but don't know?
Edit of requested seats, now looking for pre-76 high back buckets. I can fabricate required mounting.

The major difference is......

No one makes foam for 1972 frames & up, the frames are different & the difference in foam shape is huge inside the seat back. The listing rods the cover rods are hog ringed to are also INSIDE the '72 up foam. So far, no one has taken on the reproductions.

So with 1970 to 1971 buckets, you can get new foam.

Or you can look for a set of 1972 up with great foam or at the minimum, repairable foam.

No one makes foam for 1972 frames & up, the frames are different & the difference in foam shape is huge inside the seat back. The listing rods the cover rods are hog ringed to are also INSIDE the '72 up foam. So far, no one has taken on the reproductions.

Or you can look for a set of 1972 up with great foam or at the minimum, repairable foam.
I knew there was a reason I wanted pre-72 seats!!!!! Thanks.

Glad to help.

I still need to do a 1970 -1971 - 1972 bucket seat frame ID page pointing out the differences, I just need a set of bare '72 frames to come into the shop to get-er-done.

I found some old pics.

This is a 1970 seat back, note the inner spring basket. (1971 frames share the same basket, but the outer frame loop is different for the smaller style button & lower full back screw holes)

70 seat back.JPG

1972 seat back. No inner basket since the inner support frame was integrated with the foam & no holes for the basket to mount.

1972 seat back version 2.JPG

Just picked up a set of nice 70-71 high backs I was told are a-bodys because of the upholstery pattern. Very nice in all respects but need recovered. backs, hinge covers, and tracks VERY nice. $800 plus the ride.

Is slightly used in black OK? I took these in as trade-ins, but they are too nice to redo. They are '72s. $350.00 plus packing boxes / material & the ride from PA.

72 seats to sell..JPG

I was mainly posting the difference in the look, fit & not thinking about replacing the inner foam. Good post & follow up post w/ pics.....Nice!! :thumbsup:

I knew there was a reason I wanted pre-72 seats!!!!! Thanks.

And it looks like you bought 72s. They'll work fine & look great :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back