Pre-Oiling a Used Engine?

-

69 M-CODE CUDA

Reaction score
I'm in the process of a simple refresh of my 440 engine. Original 70K miles, ran like a top, but it needed gaskets, seals and paint, along with a valve job and some manifold repairs, which I'm about finished with.

My question is if it's necessary to pre-oil this engine, even though the bottom end of the engine was never disassembled. It's been drained, of course, and been drip drying for about a year and a half. I put a rebuild kit into my oil pump, and it's got a valve job, but internally it's untouched.

What would you recommend, regarding pre-oiling before I try starting this?

Thanks for the help.

I'm in the process of a simple refresh of my 440 engine. Original 70K miles, ran like a top, but it needed gaskets, seals and paint, along with a valve job and some manifold repairs, which I'm about finished with.

My question is if it's necessary to pre-oil this engine, even though the bottom end of the engine was never disassembled. It's been drained, of course, and been drip drying for about a year and a half. I put a rebuild kit into my oil pump, and it's got a valve job, but internally it's untouched.

What would you recommend, regarding pre-oiling before I try starting this?

Thanks for the help.
may as well, quick, cheap insurance.

-
Back