Preferred Coolant Temps

-
I am old school. I say, install a thermostatic fan control, with an over ride switch. Remove and sell the electric pump and return everything to stock because it works and have fun racing.
Most important is to know your oil sump temperature. I had a temp bulb in the sump of my turbo slant six.. lol
Enjoy!

With, or without a bypass hose a thermostat will still act as a thermostat and bring your temps up to where they need to be. It may open/close more often, or less often, but it’ll still do it’s job and give you the heat it needs.

With, or without a bypass hose a thermostat will still act as a thermostat and bring your temps up to where they need to be. It may open/close more often, or less often, but it’ll still do it’s job and give you the heat it needs.
I understand that however I didn't want to deadhead the electric pump. Already got it figured out after talking to Meziere by installing a t-stat with (2) 1/8" holes drilled in the flange.

Would a smaller radiator be helpful?
Maybe, but not something I prefer to do as I really don't want to pull out a brand new $800 radiator....lol

Besides, I already have it figured out. Installed a 160 t-stat with (2) 1/8" holes per Meziere's recommendation and its good to go now.

-
Back