Preval paint system??

-

barbee6043

barbee 6043
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I relocated to s e Tx and have a car I picked out that I want to touch up a few places, and no compressor for a while. I found a somewhat local auto paint suppler that carries this system. basically an aerosol can that mounts to a jar and has gun that sits on top of the can. wonder if anyone has every used this. if you have the paint, much cheaper than them mixing you up spray cans. .anyone ??????

Ive used it with hit an miss results but ive only used it for painting models. Sometimes it likes to just spit paint and other times it works great. Might be a temp thing or the type of paint also.

Just a big airbrush basically.
Heated paint helps a lot for flow, or you could thin a little more than recommended.

I would not recommend them. By the way, what did you do with all your cars?

The first time I used one, I thinned the paint as recommended and it ran like crazy.

The second time I mixed as per instructions, and was super satisfied.
It was even my first time trying to blend a patch.

The third time the can worked for one spurt. Plenty of air left, but no suck-y from the jar, and couldn't find a clog. New spray head worked ( I found three on the discount table).

since i moved 550 mi south to Texas here, i am without a compressor for the time being. mainly wondering about this system to shoot some DTM primer, and maybe some acrylic urethane n an engine bay. if i do the bay like the factory, with runs and crappy job it would look just like they came from the factory decades ago! ha
if this thing i used more than once, a good clean up with laquer thinner would be mandatory for sure, but not sure what it does to that plactic head!!

They are really a one or two time deal and doing an engine bay would be too much, in my opinion. I would try a 20-30gal portable compressor and a regular gun, not a help. This would probably get you by for small stuff. Might look around the pawn shops and find one pretty cheap.

backin the 70's, i bought a used 2 horse inline trailer. my dad primered and painted it F8 met. with a 5p 20 gal gal compressor and a sears siphon gun, turned out flawless would believe!! no joke.

-
Back