Price of tube chassis?

-

440valiant

cuda
Reaction score
hey, just trying to crunch some numbers for my build. Just wondering what the average price you have paid of getting a tube chassis built? Or would it be easier to buy a pre-made chassis and install that?

A tube chassis will vary in price depending on who builds it. You can expect to shell out some "big bucks" though. Pro Stock type chassis' will run any where from 50 to 70 thousand dollars. You might just want to have someone weld in a good roll cage from front to back. That would be the least expensive route. Unless you're a hardcore racer, you don't want a chassis car. Just my opinion.

I really enjoy building chassis, maybe you will too. Check out the U-weld kits from S&W Race Cars, Alston and Morrison. It's a lot of work but you'll save a lot of money doing it yourself. I've seen a lot of people get in over their heads, end up overwhelmed and then they sell the car cheap. Don't let that happen to you and what could otherwise be a nice car you can enjoy.
Pat

Check out autoweld in Danville PA....he did a whole chassis with 4 link, narrowed 9" and Mustang II style front suspension, mounted the body and redid the rear wheel openings for like $8500....he sells kits also...

thanks for the replies. I guess my main question here is What would you need to do to your frame to put a 1200 horse twin turbo big block in it? Not that I can afford it now, but if i ever run into money I dont want to have to go back and do my frame...:snakeman:

I agree with PFogel. If you have the time & skill, get a kit & do it yourself. Keep in mind any potential rule changes during the build & build it for a class. CM will probably be more expensive than MS unless you can swing a deal somewhere. Doin' it that way & some whellin-'n-dealin' for parts, you could probably do a rolling chassis to your liking for 8-12k.

The last chassis I had built cost $20000.
That included the tin.
I supplyed the front and rear components.
For 1200 hp I wouldn't think you would need a chassis car.
My car just back halfed will handle that.

Pics of my car
IMGP1126.jpg

IMGP1139.jpg

IMGP1135.jpg

-
Back