Price range/conditions for Sioux valve grinders?

-

Cuda416

Reaction score
I've seen prices from $200 at gov auctions for old model 645's to $4K on fleabay for newer, complete, ready to go units.

What is a realistic price range and what should be included?

What should I look out for as far as acceptable minimums in operation and what's included?

Just for curiosity I looked on Ebay, Dang some people are smoking some good ****. For Me I would pay $500 for a good useable not worn out machine. I picked up the seat grinder with all arbors 2 dressing units a bunch of new stones and the drill head for $75. Are you trying to sell or buy?

Just for curiosity I looked on Ebay, Dang some people are smoking some good ****. For Me I would pay $500 for a good useable not worn out machine. I picked up the seat grinder with all arbors 2 dressing units a bunch of new stones and the drill head for $75. Are you trying to sell or buy?

I'm looking to buy. There are two grinders locally, one a B&D and one a little farther away a Sioux. I think the B&D is 225 and the Sioux says make offer. When asked what he had to have, he tried to say people are getting around 111 and there are "Getting hard to find" blah blah blah... I offered 200 so we'll see. it looks operational but seems to be missing some things and the stones look rough.

I'm looking to buy. There are two grinders locally, one a B&D and one a little farther away a Sioux. I think the B&D is 225 and the Sioux says make offer. When asked what he had to have, he tried to say people are getting around 111 and there are "Getting hard to find" blah blah blah... I offered 200 so we'll see. it looks operational but seems to be missing some things and the stones look rough.
One thing to be aware of on the B&D is the older OE stem collet is fragile & unavailable new, they are known for cracking, then breaking. Goodson does sell a re-designed unit with the needed parts to replace them. I purchased one even tho' Mine has yet to crack, lucky I guess, but won't be caught w/o the replacement.
Sioux, Kwikway, are also excellent units if in good condition, wheels are available as are the diamond-dressers.

I've seen them range from 100 bucks to a thousand. It all depends on the condition and situation. If you can luck up on someone that doesn't know what they have, all the better.

-
Back