Price to Swap a Third Member?

-
Hey Pastortom1 If you want to drive it to Keystone heights I have a two post lift and transmission jack come on up and 2 57 year old guys who have had back and neck surgery should be able to do it. Bill:blob:

lol i did a third member swap in an old chebbie nova a few weeks ago here at the shop. we charge $55 an hour and have almost no mark up on parts. i think we charged the guy something like $200 but that was with labor, almost a gallon of oil at around $20 and then a fel-pro gasket and some rtv sealant. also even put in new bearings for the third member but he supplied those

Will your car make it an hour from your house.

Yep, the car would make it to California and back.......BUT, the howl would make ya' crazy by the half way mark............

The garage got it in this morning........They did the swap, re-lubed, bled the brakes, adjusted the front brakes, and changed a few lug nuts that were a little chewed up by the washer........

All told, $149.00 on the ground..........and BABY, it's QUIET !!!

Back to 2.76's for cruisin' mileage, and quiet gears.....Cuda life is good again.

BY THE WAY...........

All of you'se guys that offered to HELP me with this.........

You reinforce my contention that this is the best site of it's kind in the world. You guys (and gals, of course) are the greatest........always have been.

Yep, the car would make it to California and back.......BUT, the howl would make ya' crazy by the half way mark............

The garage got it in this morning........They did the swap, re-lubed, bled the brakes, adjusted the front brakes, and changed a few lug nuts that were a little chewed up by the washer........

All told, $149.00 on the ground..........and BABY, it's QUIET !!!

Back to 2.76's for cruisin' mileage, and quiet gears.....Cuda life is good again.

That sounds extremely fair to me.

One old fart to another. $149 is a great deal. I have to use any mechanical means necessary when changing anything heavy any more. Back in the old days I pulled and reinstalled my cast iron 833 4 speed in my dart by putting it on my chest and lifting it up in place. Now I bought a tranny jack for doing the work and I'm sure it would work fine on center sections also. $80 at Harbor Freight.

-
Back