Pro comp Victor big Block Heads

-

Pentastar 01

Reaction score
So last year I received a pair of "SpeedMaster" Heads as a gift.7/20/16
I then heard a lot about intake pushrod angles and they need to be opened up..
I know Hughes offers 75 bucks a side plus shipping to CNC them correct
I also pk'ed up their off-set rockers..
meantime I emailed speedmaster former procomp about this and they said they have since corrected the pushrod angle..So
today I did a real quick mock-up and low and behold I see no binding at all..

I'll keep ya'll posted

So last year I received a pair of "SpeedMaster" Heads as a gift.7/20/16
I then heard a lot about intake pushrod angles and they need to be opened up..
I know Hughes offers 75 bucks a side plus shipping to CNC them correct
I also pk'ed up their off-set rockers..
meantime I emailed speedmaster former procomp about this and they said they have since corrected the pushrod angle..So
today I did a real quick mock-up and low and behold I see no binding at all..

I'll keep ya'll posted
Interesting....I was just looking at those and trying to justify trying a set. Hughes is running a pretty good deal on CNC porting and supposedly they take the Victor program. Could make for a screaming set of heads on a budget.....which I still can't justify. Lol! Let us know how they work out for you.

as requested +untouched SpeedMaster Intake pushrod hole w/a 3/8
25550433_1797697907190090_2752115978014729905_n.jpg
The light you don't see is camera angle,centered over its roller too

as requested +untouched SpeedMaster Intake pushrod hole w/a 3/8 View attachment 1715122204 The light you don't see is camera angle,centered over its roller too
I bought a pair of fully cnc`d procomps, they used the victor program, because they are the same head physically. We did change the retainers and keepers tho, springs checked out good. The cnc`d pushrod holes were way bigger than those in the pics, but I still had to work on the holes 3 times to get clearance ! If it weren't for the "rape shipping charges", it would be better to have hughs do it. But, would they clear then ?? The only thing I don`t like about the heads is the spark plug holes aren`t heli coiled, and #7 is right perfectly lined up w/ my steering column, and very close, have to jack engine up or move the steering column to change it. If I ever have that head off, it will at least get a heli coil in that hole ! I had to order 9.400 long pushrods for them w/ the solid roller set up, and have an extra new set if u need some. P S, setting the rocker asemblies up was the biggest pain in the drain for me ! Think I`d use springs next time !

I am anticipating having to remove more "by hand" if need be, I have been..

NO Pushrod pinch w/plenty of wiggle room before setting lash
1.5 Rockers

so aside from setting up Rocker Arms which you do in most cases anyway...
Happy Holidays

HA! pulled the heads and are now messaging the holes..
started thinking about defection' and felt I needed MORE gap,,So its not much .030-0.60
I post pics,,So the next guy Knows' what to look for and to just have a go at them..unless your'e like me an wanted to see 1st where the problem is

-
Back