pro gears for 8.75 489 housing

-

71and done

Reaction score
Do anyone sell or make a pro ring and pinion for the 8.75 489 housing 4.30 gears? From what I understand is nobody makes them and will not be making any. Any help would be great, also if I could get a pro 4.10 it would work.:wack:

Randy's ring n pinion shows from 355 to 556 for the 8 3/4 489 hsng thats just what I saw from yukon through them theres probably more. check em out. google it

They are pro street ring and pinions, I called the today to find who made the PRO Comp ring and pinion and nobody makes them, unless some has a lead on some laying on a shelf. I called Mancini Racing, Moser Engineering, even checked Yukon Gears and Richmond Gear which I think was bought out by Motive Gear. They don't even make a 4.30 for a Dana 60 anymore from what Moser salesman told me.

The only pro gear you can buy for an 8.75 is a 4.86 for the 742 case. That's what I have. Just bought another set from Strange about 6 months ago.

This is very depressing that no company makes Pro Gears anymore for 8.75. No wonder a lot of people go to FORD 9". But I will go ahead and buy a Dana 60.

A pro gear is a softer gearset for racing. Not as brittle. Usually cost about $100 more than a street set.

-
Back