pro street back half

-

kingmopar

mopar&son
Reaction score
Looking for info on back halfing a dodge dart.Getting ready to cut trunk floor and wheel wells out.Looking to see how you attach new rear rails into the rear of the car.Any help would be appreciated thanks in advance.

When my car was cut we left as much of the original frame in as possible until the new peices were in and tacked. I also used a bunck of those cheap trailer jack stands that wind up and can support the car as you cut away the original floor. I just wish I took a bunch of pics as I was doing it, but wsan't that smart as I did before digital camers ( yup that long ago). I think it was an alston frame kit with ladder bars.
I paid a guy that workied at a shop to do my tin work, as he did it on the side for me. He also made the 9' ford rear for the car as well.
I hope this pic helps you out..

Suspen.jpg

Thanks for the help and picture. Do you have any pictures of how the rear frame rails are attached to the back panel area. Thanks

Here you go kingmopar. i just had to lift the car in the air to take some more pics for you. My car is a 75 Duster but should be close to yours. I'm taking off now for dinner so I'll check this thread when i'm done.
The cars under side isn't the cleanest.

framef.jpg

Framel.jpg

framecl.jpg

framer.jpg

Thanks Keith, I sure appreciate the pictures and time you spent helping me. Any other help will be awesome. Thank You very much and this will help out my project

I got mine from Art Morrison as a kit (4 link) not sure what year your car is or if you will be using ladder bars instead.

-
Back