Pro-Touring Abodies - XV 3-link rear

-

TwistedWedge

Reaction score
Not sure how many guys here are into the pro-touring scene, but what are you guys doing for suspension out back?

I was contemplating a monoleaf/Caltracs setup but its not going to give me the handling I want. RMS also is bringing a 4-link setup out after SEMA this weekend, but a 4 link binds up with lateral maneuvers unless it has swivel links (which are patented by Detroit Speed & Engineering I think so I don't think RMS uses them).

The only other option I can find is XV Motorsports, they make a sweet 3 link for the B's and E's and their website says they'll do an A-body one if they get enough interest. I emailed them and they said if they get enough support they'll get the kit together early in 2007, so if you guys want it please email them! http://www.xvmotorsports.com/

Is this my only option if I want a bolt in 3 link?

I personaly have found the stock leaf spring susspension with sway bars and nice wide wheels and tires to be MORE than satisfactory for both handling and ride. I spend my money on more important things than trying to re-engineer what has already been engineered so well.

What about the swaping in of say a Viper or Mustang inde rear......?

I'm glad you're happy with your suspension Krabysniper. I know what leafs are like and there are definately better options out there.

I have thought about one of the swap in IRS's Dusterb318, they sure do ride nice but they are very hard to launch effectively. As soon as the rear squats in a straight line, your tire patch gets smaller. There's one killer A-body I've seen running one though http://www.lateral-g.net/poisondart/

I guess I will wait around to see how RMS's new rear setup comes out, and XV has told me they will have their 3 link available eventually.

Hey man Im onboard with you about XVs set up. I am a welder/ fabricator and I have been studying the pics they have up. Its really not that difficult to set it up if you are patient. Im probably going to build that setup on my Valiant next winter. That is unless they have the kit offered up for a decent price. Also the biggest reason I have been seriously following them is because of the amount of real research they have put into finding a great set up. Every thing they are doing is SAWeeeeeet! and the fact that most of these cars are going to have the same basic stress points they give you all you need to know to make a great G-MACHINE or touring car.
I was also looking into swapping in a inde rear but I agree with you on the traction situation under hard accel. It may be nice to cruise in BUT....... dunno if it is worth all the engineering!

-
Back